D-series or B-series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks for the input guys, i guess ill go with the d-series, since my mom will pay for that i can save for strong internals.

As for the turbocharger, ill take more pics when my brother gets home so u can see it. Its really rusty though, i want to take it somewhere to see if its worth ANYthing.

Thanks for the input guys, i guess ill go with the d-series, since my mom will pay for that i can save for strong internals.

As for the turbocharger, ill take more pics when my brother gets home so u can see it. Its really rusty though, i want to take it somewhere to see if its worth ANYthing.

Is this kid serious?!?!?!? You really need to do alot more research! For someone who is "working two jobs" you depend on mommy quite a bit. How about you learn to save your money and buy something for your self!

If shes willing then i dont care, i save/pay for stuff myself, im not really dependent on my mom for anything. I bought my first car by myself, payed insurance, gas, and had money for food and other crap.

chillout mang.

Why dont you go ask mommy what engine she wants to put in the car since shes paying for it!!!

If shes willing then i dont care, i save/pay for stuff myself, im not really dependent on my mom for anything. I bought my first car by myself, payed insurance, gas, and had money for food and other crap.

chillout mang.

I think you and I are completely different. What I'm curious about is how you work 2 jobs, and are even letting your mother pay for it. I'm 19 and I half support my family of me, my mom, and my little brother. Mom's always will offer even if they're not willing, so learn to take your dual-job income and do something yourself, because THAT, builds character. When you're in highschool, working 50+ hours a week, and paying half of your mothers bills and declining her offers to buy your every wish, thats when you display some character.

And lets see: I bought all 5 of my cars myself, 1 by 1. I pay/paid insurance on all of them. I pay for my own gas, and put gas in my moms tank if I see she's low. I do most of the grocery shopping for my family. Plus my other crap.
Anything else?:)

Last edited:
I think you and I are completely different. What I'm curious about is how you work 2 jobs, and are even letting your mother pay for it. I'm 19 and I half support my family of me, my mom, and my little brother. Mom's always will offer even if they're not willing, so learn to take your dual-job income and do something yourself, because THAT, builds character. When you're in highschool, working 50+ hours a week, and paying half of your mothers bills and declining her offers to buy your every wish, thats when you display some character.

And lets see: I bought all 5 of my cars myself, 1 by 1. I pay/paid insurance on all of them. I pay for my own gas, and put gas in my moms tank if I see she's low. I do most of the grocery shopping for my family. Plus my other crap.
wow.. Sounds like that was lots of fun!

I just say throw that engine in yourself :D. You at least learn something out of the money spent and save some by doing it yourself, if you are mechanically inclined enough.

wow.. Sounds like that was lots of fun!

I just say throw that engine in yourself :D. You at least learn something out of the money spent and save some by doing it yourself, if you are mechanically inclined enough.
I think I was gritting my teeth the entire time typing it.
But he's right, if she's paying for it all, at least do the work yourself. Buy a cherry picker (they're not expensive, and worth it,) and swap it yourself. If you can pay attention to what you take off, then you'll have no problem putting it back on.

Why dont you go ask mommy what engine she wants to put in the car since shes paying for it!!!

because she bought it for me, sometimes people buy stuff for other people, try it dick.
Plus, im paying her back on the whole car, something she did NOT ask me to do.

I highly doubt you filled your moms tank. ever. As soon as i could go grocery shopping by myself, i did. I still do, i went today. Me and my mom cooked hard as shit today, for my whole family. It must of been 30 heads to cook for.

When did i ever say we were alike? Everybody in my family could pretty much provide for theirself. How did u go through 5 cars in, at the most, 3 years? Thats bad dude.

So what if i wanna save my money?(which i dont get to do often). I STILL gotta keep handing my mom checks for the car, of which is undriveable, and save all the money i can. Im moving out(again) when i turn 18, this time it will be legal.

I want to, but i wont until i get a daily beater to drive incase i mess something up, which is bound to happen since it would be my first swap. and no i am not mechanically inclined. I have access to a garage on crain hwy, i just couldnt do it, i would need to take time off, it would just be a mess.

You're a user and have no character.

Im not even going to respond to your last statement. Blanco sums it up well in this one post.... BTW, if you look at the top of the page there is a search button. When you search for what your looking for there are over 1000 threads. At very least one of them will be able to help you figure out what to have your mom buy you.

[RANT]

because she bought it for me, sometimes people buy stuff for other people, try it dick.
Plus, im paying her back on the whole car, something she did NOT ask me to do.
Well I'm glad your paying her back without her asking her to, but did you read any of my post or just skim it and figure out what you could flame me on? Try buying a dick, "dick."

I highly doubt you filled your moms tank. ever. As soon as i could go grocery shopping by myself, i did. I still do, i went today. Me and my mom cooked hard as shit today, for my whole family. It must of been 30 heads to cook for.
If you highly doubt that I have ever filled my moms tank then I highly doubt that you, at 16, work 2 jobs, go grocery shopping by yourself, and somehow still manage to pass highschool, especially when stated below, you moved out once already, unless you work an average of 6 hours per week with both jobs combined, and your insurance consists of ducktaping yours or the other persons car if you say got in a wreck. Oh, and BTW, today is Thanksgiving, who the fuck doesn't bust their ass cooking for entire families?

When did i ever say we were alike? Everybody in my family could pretty much provide for theirself. How did u go through 5 cars in, at the most, 3 years? Thats bad dude.
When did I ever quote you saying we were? I was just mentioning how we are totally different, got a problem with that? And as for the cars, yeah, I wrecked my truck, I admit that. Bought a Durango. Tranny blew and it sucked too much gas, so I got the tranny replaced and sold it. Bought a sunfire because it was cheap and convenient for my need at the time, got hit by a drunk driver and got screwed out of any insurance money. Went without a car for 7 months, during which I saved my money and bought a CRX. CRX is still in my driveway, it's my project car, and I also bought an Altima for $300 as a beater. So let me ask you this, since I did all that myself with my insurance in my name and my cars all in my name, and when I needed to I saved my money or took out loans in my name, how can you not pay for a simple d series motor?

So what if i wanna save my money?(which i dont get to do often). I STILL gotta keep handing my mom checks for the car, of which is undriveable, and save all the money i can. Im moving out(again) when i turn 18, this time it will be legal.
Like I said before, it's good that you're paying your mom back for the car, I'm proud of you. But as stated in previous posts, you have another check that you live off so whats the problem?
Ive been given her my paychecks for a past month, since i got another job, i can live off one, and give one to her
And what the fuck's the point in worrying about a b or d series motor if your handing your mom your checks for an undriveable car, when you're moving out (again, this time legally,) and should be worried more about making sure you have your own way to get to school and work so that you can let your brother have his car
and im using my brothers car for all this since hes home for the rest of the semester.
and pay your shit, as apposed to making your mom cake out more money for a b series, especially if you're supposedly paying half?
So i thought about it, and i wanted get it looked at if i still have it, see if its actually good for something. But moreso, i want a b-series engine because i want to turbocharge a civic in a daily driveable, reliable manner.
And building your DD into a boosted car? I don't understand how your finances work, or how any common sense comes into play here from your end, or how you're going to fit boosting you're DD and sacrificing the time and money it'll take to make it a reliable DD.

I want to, but i wont until i get a daily beater to drive incase i mess something up, which is bound to happen since it would be my first swap. and no i am not mechanically inclined. I have access to a garage on crain hwy, i just couldnt do it, i would need to take time off, it would just be a mess.
You can do it. If can't take time to do the swap yourself, how would you be able to take time to turbocharge it? Listen, you can do a stock replacement motor swap with like an 8, 10, 12, 14, and a 17 or 19 mm socket (I don't remember which, maybe both,) pliers, and a cherry picker in like 5 hours max, unless you just take a razor blade and start cutting hoses off and snipping wires for no reason. It's not hard, I promise.

[/RANT]

Last edited:
[RANT]

Well I'm glad your paying her back without her asking her to, but did you read any of my post or just skim it and figure out what you could flame me on? Try buying a dick, "dick."

If you highly doubt that I have ever filled my moms tank then I highly doubt that you, at 16, work 2 jobs, go grocery shopping by yourself, and somehow still manage to pass highschool, especially when stated below, you moved out once already, unless you work an average of 6 hours per week with both jobs combined, and your insurance consists of ducktaping yours or the other persons car if you say got in a wreck. Oh, and BTW, today is Thanksgiving, who the fuck doesn't bust their ass cooking for entire families?

When did I ever quote you saying we were? I was just mentioning how we are totally different, got a problem with that? And as for the cars, yeah, I wrecked my truck, I admit that. Bought a Durango. Tranny blew and it sucked too much gas, so I got the tranny replaced and sold it. Bought a sunfire because it was cheap and convenient for my need at the time, got hit by a drunk driver and got screwed out of any insurance money. Went without a car for 7 months, during which I saved my money and bought a CRX. CRX is still in my driveway, it's my project car, and I also bought an Altima for $300 as a beater. So let me ask you this, since I did all that myself with my insurance in my name and my cars all in my name, and when I needed to I saved my money or took out loans in my name, how can you not pay for a simple d series motor?

Like I said before, it's good that you're paying your mom back for the car, I'm proud of you. But as stated in previous posts, you have another check that you live off so whats the problem? And what the fuck's the point in worrying about a b or d series motor if your handing your mom your checks for an undriveable car, when you're moving out (again, this time legally,) and should be worried more about making sure you have your own way to get to school and work so that you can let your brother have his car and pay your shit, as apposed to making your mom cake out more money for a b series, especially if you're supposedly paying half? And building your DD into a boosted car? I don't understand how your finances work, or how any common sense comes into play here from your end, or how you're going to fit boosting you're DD and sacrificing the time and money it'll take to make it a reliable DD.

You can do it. If can't take time to do the swap yourself, how would you be able to take time to turbocharge it? Listen, you can do a stock replacement motor swap with like an 8, 10, 12, 14, and a 17 or 19 mm socket (I don't remember which, maybe both,) pliers, and a cherry picker in like 5 hours max, unless you just take a razor blade and start cutting hoses off and snipping wires for no reason. It's not hard, I promise.

[/RANT]

Couldnt have said it any better my self!

wtf are you talking about, i dont know you and you sure as **** dont know me.

Serously, don't listen to any of these lowlifes here. They're just trying to make you feel bad because they probably got stuck with their parent's old K-car as a hand-me-down for their first car. Either that, or because they have had everything given to them by their parents, feel guilty about it, and just want to jump on someone who they think might be a more blatant 'taker' so that they can feel better about themselves. These people are SERIOUSLY full of crap. You have to realize that it is all too easy to just log onto the internet and say that, by the age of 18, you were already on your own and making a six figure income. But maybe when you are only 16 years old, you actually believe what these folks are saying. I myself had taken a break from Honda forums for a long time because I just don't like the kinds of people who hang out here. I thought I might come back again. But I guess some things just never change. I guess I'm getting much too old for these sorts of folks.

Last edited:
Serously, don't listen to any of these lowlifes here. They're just trying to make you feel bad because they probably got stuck with their parent's old K-car as a hand-me-down for their first car. Either that, or because they have had everything given to them by their parents, feel guilty about it, and just want to jump on someone who they think might be a more blatant 'taker' so that they can feel better about themselves. These people are SERIOUSLY full of crap. You have to realize that it is all too easy to just log onto the internet and say that, by the age of 18, you were already on your own and making a six figure income. But maybe when you are only 16 years old, you actually believe what these folks are saying. I myself had taken a break from Honda forums for a long time because I just don't like the kinds of people who hang out here. I thought I might come back again. But I guess some things just never change. I guess I'm getting much too old for these sorts of folks.

Its not at all serious to me dude, i didnt read more then three words he said back. I might of instigated(sp?) a little, but i dont like to argue over the internet, its completely pointless. Ill just leave it at that, and probably post my questions in a place where somebody will actually give me some help. Thanks everybody in this thread who had some input instead of criticizing me or arguing.

Alright, I'm not going to jump on you for shit, but I never said I was making 6 figure income or anything, though at 19, 6 figures would be real nice.

Its not at all serious to me dude, i didnt read more then three words he said back. I might of instigated(sp?) a little, but i dont like to argue over the internet, its completely pointless. Ill just leave it at that, and probably post my questions in a place where somebody will actually give me some help. Thanks everybody in this thread who had some input instead of criticizing me or arguing.
And as far as the shit between us, I'll take the liberty of dropping it and apologizing, because it's pointless. Your life and my life have nothing to do with the fact that you were curious about whether you should use a D replacement or upgraded to a B, and though I think you did instigate it just a tad, I will admit that I did instigate it a lot, and again I apologize for that. And whether you believe me about anything I've said, makes no difference to me because honestly, it has nothing to do with you, and vice versa, so once more, I apologize for jumping on your case. Sometimes I don't know the difference between constructive criticism and being a complete and total asshole, and now looking

As far as the swap goes though, doing it yourself is not hard. People do B series swaps in a day, D series stock replacements are a piece of cake. I helped my buddy pull a motor from a wrecked civic at a junk yard with limited tools in about an hour, so with the tools in a garage (and not in a junk YARD,) you could probably do the entire swap in a little bit more time. As far as wires and stuff, just take masking tape and a sharpie and put a piece of take around the wire and write on it remotely knows, something that makes sense to you to help you remember. And if you don't think that'll be enough, there's a hundred diagrams you can find anywhere on the internet that'll show you exactly where everything goes. And if you still feel iffy, buy a Haynes manual, complete tear-down of the car and re-assembly. You should actually have one of those anyway, as it has all the torque specs. I don't know if it's possible to stress anymore how easier it is, or how much money it will save you. Mechanics, be it well, long time known mechanics or a new one you've never met, charge a lot on certain things, like engine swaps. Do it yourself and you'll have a ton of extra money to play with/save/do whatever you please with. Thats about all I know left to say, and if you still don't want to do it then I guess there's no more need to debate it.

You forgot about the people who actually do take pride in themselves and the work they do. ;)

Since when does taking pride in one's self and your work mean that you have to be so uncivil about this sort of thing? Do you REALLY think that by being obnoxious and demeaning, you are going to get this kid to do the right thing? I fully agree that this kid should pay for his own swap, as I said in my original post. But I am going to leave it at that. After all, personal attacks NEVER bring about any kind of positive action. Besides, this whole thing is really not my problem - nor is it anyone else's here.

Last edited:
Since when does taking pride in one's self and your work mean that you have to be so uncivil about this sort of thing? Do you REALLY think that by being obnoxious and demeaning, you are going to get this kid to do the right thing? I fully agree that this kid should pay for his own swap, as I said in my original post. But I am going to leave it at that. After all, personal attacks NEVER bring about any kind of positive action. Besides, this whole thing is really not my problem - nor is it anyone else's here.

I would agree with you but if the kid didnt want these sort of replies, he should have not even discussed how he was going to pay for the engine in the first place. This is a forum and if you post something up, you better be prepared for ALL possible replies...

Back