D Series Swap in a 91 integrea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xmd174

Can it be done. What mounts do i use.

I've heard that Yes it can be. but ive heard varying ideas about mounts. some say use the b mounts on the civic... some say get a jdm mount set off of a sohc jdm engine.. etc..

Help me out!

-x m d

Originally posted by xmd174@Dec 5 2003, 10:50 AM
Can it be done. What mounts do i use.

I've heard that Yes it can be. but ive heard varying ideas about mounts. some say use the b mounts on the civic... some say get a jdm mount set off of a sohc jdm engine.. etc..

Help me out!

-x m d

no why would you want to place a d series motor into an integra???? that would be a big downgrade. if your b18 is blown just get another or rebuild it. but never put a d series in an integra. the car is just too friggin heavy for it. WOW :wacko: :wtf: :thumbsdown:

Thats like putting a single cam accord motor into a prelude (as rediculous as it sounds, it has been done LOL). Its hella not worth it. That shit would be weak as hell. I would just stick with the stock motor over even a single cam vtec, or even over the best single cam. :thumbsdown:

D series came stock in the old Integra's 86-89 those are the D16's I believe. More alternatives rather to engine swaps in the integra are ANY B' SERIES. Just dont waste the time with the D... there arent even mounts made for it nor are there shift linkages. Stick to the B yO'

Ouch. Such hate for the D. The deal is i got the integra for 400 bux and i have a complete y8 swap sitting in my driveway. The B is completly destroyed and if i can put the D in the integra and not spend much money it would suit me fine while I work on my CRX. I dont care how much a D would suck in it. All I want is to have a ride until the CRX is done being upgraded. I know its a bigger heaver car. The d will drive it. Not fast but it will drive it.

I know its been done. I've seen them arround. I was just hopin for some actual technical help about the mounts.

-x m d

There arent mounts made for this application and the D wont "pull" the car.

Do not be so negative. If a y8 will pull a giant civic it will certainly pull a teg. I have seen this in other tegs' I was just wondering how not IF.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=459793

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=475201

Do not tell me it can not be done. If you dont know then please dont guess. I'm not being an ass. Just saying how it is. It is possible and it has been done.

I know some JDM DA's had a SOHC engine in them. I was merely asking about the mounts..

-x m d

Alright ill be the first to say "Holy Shit". It just didnt seem feasible. Oh and by the way did you search our site? Well you should have. And secondly did you PM the person who did that swap? Well you should have. I gues it is so this little saying... An ACura is a Honda, but a Honda is never an Acura... this swap proves that wrong

Hmm. Can it be done? Yes. Uber ghey? Yes.

Sell your complete y8 swap and buy an LS motor.

Yea I PM'd him but his friend did the swap and doesnt know what mounts are used. I searced this site and am still searching. Eventualy I'll figure it out. I'd love to trad the D for a b so it would just bolt in but its not gona happen.

And I'm putting a B in the CRX... so bah...

-x m d

Thank god, someone agrees with me, you can get what 500 out of the Y8? then you could buy a real motor. I understand its just a commuter... but I don't know.

Back