d series to 1.8 overbore build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91crxproject

Hello to all,
I have a 91 crx dx with a straight stock d15b2 5 speed in it & a stock d16z6 motor/5 speed from a 94 civic sitting in the garage. I had the thought to bore/sleeve either block to run b18 pistons with the d16z6 vtec head. Also want to run a jrsc 989-100 supercharger & maybe nitrous. My questions are: 1) Is this even possible? 2) If possible what would the compression ratio be? 3) Would compression be too high to safely run a sc & nitrous? That said, I'm building for a fun/quick city daily driver that is reliable but can still wipe the smile off all the v6 mustang jagoff owners who think they're bad ass. Thanks in advance for any advice or links. Btw I know the b series vs d and/or turbo vs sc has more hp potential, I have a built vw mk4 turbo jetta for that purpose. I'm building for fun & because I've never built a Honda before.

Not happening...at all. 81mm pistons in a D-series=no cylinder walls at all(largest bore is like 78 or 79mm on a resleeved block).

Back