D-series tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EP3Hatch1987

Meeeeooowww!!!!!
Yup everything is going wrong for me this month from my mani cracking 2 my clutch going out, and now my tranny is stuck in 3rd gear f!?k me rite.. Lol but Idk much bout trannys but I need another 1 so was wondering if I should juss get the same ex tranny or would there be a better 1 for me? It's a 95 eg d16z6 thanx

idk about the zc with a oem lsd but the d15b came stock with one and there hard to find and high priced when you do, but as far as the gears go, its not gonna be any better, you would just gain lsd

Okay.. So I guess I'll jus stick with the ex/Si tranny and and LSD later on..
Do you know much the ex/Si tranny usually run?

well if its the one that came with a lsd, hell i would if the price was right lol, but keep in mind they come both ways

Yeah.. If I do find 1 for the rite price like you said I'll get it.. But how would I know if it's LSD? Is there a stamp or is there something I can look 4 where the axles go in?

yeah where the axles go look and see if you can see all the way through to the other side if you can its a lsd, if there is a bar in the way its a non lsd

Alrite.. Would it do me a lot better for my set up? D16z6 turbo and you said the gearing is the same as the ex/Si tranny?

yeah lol, its the same, i mean it might help on take off but after you mess it up, your gonna wish you had the normal ex/si trans.

yes thats what im saying, because they shot gears and there are tons of them, you can always find another one if that one goes to shit, the d15b is gonna be hell to find

Yeah.. If I do find 1 for the rite price like you said I'll get it.. But how would I know if it's LSD? Is there a stamp or is there something I can look 4 where the axles go in?
yeah where the axles go look and see if you can see all the way through to the other side if you can its a lsd, if there is a bar in the way its a non lsd
here are a couple of pictures of mine:
this shows the marking stamped on the case.
DSCN0119.jpg

it would not be hard to pull the differential out and put it into another 92-00 EX trans.
you should see daylight when you look though the holes for the axles
DSCN0120.jpg

Back