D Series Transmission (PICS)-(Project NOT Question)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ethan

VIP
Well i finally got to take apart my zc transmission to change the gears the axle splines go into.

The issue was my civic axles wouldn't fit cause the zc gear splines where too big.

so i took out the gears with the civic splines and put em into the zc transmission.

PICS!

Attachments

• 001 001.jpg
    001 001.jpg
    833.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 001 003.jpg
    001 003.jpg
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 288
  • 001 004.jpg
    001 004.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 001 005.jpg
    001 005.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 326
  • 001 006.jpg
    001 006.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 290
  • 001 002.jpg
    001 002.jpg
    434 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Oooh! That last image looks very familiar lol.:popcorn: Subscribed and Rated.
Anymore Transmission Submissions?

Last edited:
ahhh iv got other issues now
i got the engine and everthing back in and i have a knock/grinding noise. its not the engine and the clutch pedal was in so the transmission wasnt even spinning. i dont know... maybe i dropped a wrench in somewhere.

dude, that sucks sooo bad. out it comes... again....

You can still do that with the stock intermediate shaft and the proper Integra/ZC axles.

At the moment there's only two aftermarket D-series LSD's that use the intermediate shaft; Mugen and some other(maybe Cusco?). The intermediate shaft uses a larger spline.

Though, I believe someone affiliated with MFactory was working on a ZC LSD but I don't think there's much interest(it's already hard finding the DOHC ZC intermediate shaft). Now, if they make an aftermarket DOHC ZC shaft, that may change.

Did you make sure the interlock bolt is lined up correctly? Does it pop into gear at all?

Last edited:
it goes in and out of gear fine. if i let the clutch out it spins the wheels fine. i have something rubbing somewhere. the engine and tranny are out and im splitting them now.

i set the timing by bringing cylinder one up and bringing the "up" mark on the cam pulley at the top.

right now im timing it with my timing gun. it runs... it drives... it bogs!!! lmao

well the shit pulls pretty hard... the sad part is the mls head gasket didnt seal. so now i gotta pull the head off and i think im gonna use my d16a6 head gasket for now.

head gasket is changed and now im just waiting for my wifey to bring me a new intake manifold gasket.

Back