D series turbo build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MoparMick

So i have a 1997 civic DX..... my buddy is givne me his turbo,blow off valv, and side mount ( if i want it ) off of his GSX. its a T-25. i would like to know... if i should use his side mount.. or what.... i also need to fine a manifold and i have no idea ware to look. im going to be putting low comp pistions and new rods in also + rebuilding and putting a bigger cam in the head. i would also like to know... were i would run the oil lines from to the turbo. and i also owuld like to know about any computer work id have ot do because im computer retarded... thanks.

dear god you're confused... please for the safety of the neighboorhood children's lives, do not attempt this build by yourself... have a professional do the build for you. this shit isn't as easy as you think...

ok well thanks alot smart ass... for ur information. there are people helping me. they just dont know what runs good on hondas... there all Evo and STI guys...and if u truly think were as stupid as ur making it seem... and if u live anyware around the chicagoland area.... put ur money were ur mouth is.... race my dart or any one of them with ur stupid tiny ass "leagal front mount" im just tryign this whole import thing out and im so sick of dealing with smart ass punks like u.... now... dont reply to any of my posts n more unless u want to see me pull the wheels off the gorund in the dart... KAY!? .......fcukin tunners.

my honda makes more power than that dart you have bud... 450 hp and 375 tq, quarter mile time is 10.6 and 10.7's at just over 100mph. i built a d-series just like the one in your car so if you still want to listen i'll give you some good advise.

your questions seemed really scattered, and from experience, people who post like that don't kow jack about turbos or supers.

as for your questions:
i say go for the grab as far as the turbo and misc equipment if it's a decent deal. if it's ebay shit, stay away from it. dump the side mount cause of space issues. that and the top and side mounts get heat soak bad which robs you of power bad. go for a big front mount. as for the mani, like i said stay away from ebay and ssauto... their shit breaks really easy if you don't brace the mani. turbonetics makes a good mani if i'm not mistaken. for the block go with some 8.5 to 1 comp pistons from ROSS and the rods, go get them from EAGLE. they are badass and have held up to my abuse. then PNP the head when you go for the new cam... it will help everything breathe better, i think it is completely necessary for a d-series to be PNP for a turbo/super ap. the computer, i would send it to this link:
phearable.net they can set up some base maps on your ecu, then you'll have to get a tuning program and hook a laptop up to it and mess/ tune things to your style of driving. then there is always the apexi-safc... it's a air/fuel ratio controller. you can then mess with things without modifying the ecu. i hope i answered some of your questions....

by the way, welcome to hondaswap =)

Back