D14a4 to D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saso

Well being signed up not for a whole 2 hours and abit :lol: and i have have done nothing but read and search. I was hoping to find the answer myself without bothering any1 but still no luck:( Here is my question if u can help me out, I am buying a d16z6 for quite a low price with 55k on the clock. Below is a list of what i am getting

engine

gear box

intake manifold

exhaust manifold

2 new driveshafts

dizzy cap ht leads

I was wondering what else is needed to get this in to my ej9? its an 97 ek hatch back if your wondering what it is. As i have got pretty bored of my current d14:lol: and would like a better platform to work from.

As said i have searched but no luck! Any info or help would be ever so kind of u, if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move it and many thanks

BTW im saso and im from the uk :huh: ^_^

still searching found a few things of use but still need some answers, can any1 please point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
it should drop right in.. you'll have to wire vtec ..

i think thats about it.. someone correct me if i'm wrong

Yeah we have them in the uk its a 1.4 with a masive 90 hp lol in japan they have the ek2 which is a 1.3 lol

thanks for the help dude but more info still needed as i have searched this forum high an low

will i need

Starter motor

ECU

Radiator and all hoses

Alternator

Throttle cable

Gear linkage

you'll need the ecu.. the throttle cable and shift linkage from your car should work.. same with radiator and hoses.. but i'm sure most of the stuff thats on your car will work with this motor.. seeing thats your just swapping in another d-series..

thats what i thought just need 2 check if im missins anything important such as the ecu. What problems will i have changing from odb2 to odb1 if thats right please correct me if im wrong? thanks for your help bud

since your switching to obd1.. you'll need the obd2a to obd1 conversion harness and a manual p28 ecu

ooooooooooo good info bud have u got a link for where i can get them from cheap as poss and that can ship to the uk or even better a uk link but i take it thats asking alot lol

seriously.. just check ebay.. thats probably the cheapest place to find anything.. someone else here may have a better suggestion..

dont know if this will help or not,
but theres also a 1.3l turbo EK i think on homeadeturbo somewhere..
Looks like the same motor probably, I'd guess its just a drop in as well from the looks of it

problem would i also need 2 z6 wiring loom as i have found out my engine did not come with it? sorry 4 all the q's

Probably not. Most people are just able to add the wires for the VTEC system and still use most of the old harness.

Evening mate i also have a D14a4 1.4i im currently swapping in a B16a2 from a CRX del sol, the wiring on the d14a4 isnt a typical OBD 2a/b (depending on year) unlike the 1.5,1.6,1.6 Vti, so your been to swap out your whole wire harnes for the ecu

but if u do want to keep the old harness and try to make a wiring adapter your also need to do a a fix for the IVAC sensor as your being going from 2 wire to 3 wire, and the 1.4i fuel pump relay your need to do a fix for that aswell, as the OBD1 wiring doesnt have it

Last edited:
Back