d15 building options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I heard about that Bisi from this DVD i have and have says the he was able to be sucseccfull with the 1.5 with extensive head work. Does any one know what he did or is there a web site that I can get the specs from his enigne. I also heard him say that he runs 2 weber carbs but I'm not doing that because I live in the midwest where carbed enigen don't do good in the winter.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Nov 19 2003, 04:36 AM-->
199IntegraBuildUpH22A3
@Nov 17 2003, 10:12 AM
find a 86-89 Integra engine, get the crank rods, and pistons have the crank balanced install into your car! Mike Anca's is doing this with a 86 DX Civic, and is running 14.9... he alos has ITB's, DC Sports Header :angry: . Cool!

that sounds good but why from an 86-89 teg (d16a1, d16a2)? are those parts better than the 88-91 d16a6's?

Good question, they may work as well? Maybe it has something to do with bore size and stroke. I was reading out of honda tuning this month the December issue and Mike Anca was in it with his 86 Civic... So I dont know it may work as well... Just make sure you get the crank balanced and micro-polished etc. Make sure the pistons are in good shape and get new rings!

Alright I can get a 1.6 crank from my job with my discount for about 160$ it match the snouts up .944 inch snout on the 1.5 and 1.6 crank now what i want to know is if i can use this 1.6 crank in my 1.5? Als the crank remaned comes with the bearings so I gues that is fairly cheap. However before I go through with this I want to know if it will work?

Originally posted by 89_starter@Nov 22 2003, 11:00 PM
Alright I can get a 1.6 crank from my job with my discount for about 160$ it match the snouts up .944 inch snout on the 1.5 and 1.6 crank now what i want to know is if i can use this 1.6 crank in my 1.5? Als the crank remaned comes with the bearings so I gues that is fairly cheap. However before I go through with this I want to know if it will work?

Or should i say are the main journals the same on each block?

the set up i decided on will be 1.6 crank .010'' over bore p23 rods with foraged 11:1 pistons. that should give me a good base for bolt ons?

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3+Nov 19 2003, 06:41 PM-->
Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Nov 19 2003, 04:36 AM
199IntegraBuildUpH22A3
@Nov 17 2003, 10:12 AM
find a 86-89 Integra engine, get the crank rods, and pistons have the crank balanced install into your car! Mike Anca's is doing this with a 86 DX Civic, and is running 14.9... he alos has ITB's, DC Sports Header  :angry: . Cool!

that sounds good but why from an 86-89 teg (d16a1, d16a2)? are those parts better than the 88-91 d16a6's?

Good question, they may work as well? Maybe it has something to do with bore size and stroke. I was reading out of honda tuning this month the December issue and Mike Anca was in it with his 86 Civic... So I dont know it may work as well... Just make sure you get the crank balanced and micro-polished etc. Make sure the pistons are in good shape and get new rings!

dam i just found out why you want those pistons. the D16a1 had super high-dome pistons! when put into a D16a6, they up the compression to 11.08:1. in a d16y8 they up it to 12.61:1!

nice find crxtunerfan... 89_starter give us some read outs on Dyno's and shit.... this sounds promising! Glad I could help yA'.

LMAO...google > real intelligence :D

one bad thing though...i THINK that in a D15 those pistons would bump compression so high that you would need to upgrade the connecting rods and possibly the head bolts. not cheap! and there is only 1 company that makes rods for a D15. i think its crower.

also, i think you might have to run it on 94 octane or higher.

heres where i found that info on the pistons. great article!
http://www.hamiltonimports.ca/junk/sohc.html

Nah, you wouldn't get as much of a compression bump with the D15 as you would with the D16. The D15 pistons have a taller compression height, so with D16 pistons in the D15 block, you'll sit a little farther "in the hole" than you normally would in the D16 setup. You'll be fine with the D16 pistons in the D15.

Do some math, figure it out for yourself. :lol:

cool! yea now i realize what a dumb statement i made :p anywho, a set of D16a1 pistons from an acura dealer is supoosedly only $120! W00t! thats about half the price of a famous cold air intake! :lol:

Originally posted by 89_starter@Nov 22 2003, 11:00 PM

I need to ask 1 more dumb question, will this 1.6 crank bolt right into my 1.5? Once I know this for sure I am set to begin the rebuild. PLus its :worthy: $$$Christmas time!$$$$

Originally posted by 89_starter+Dec 6 2003, 01:26 PM-->
89_starter
@Nov 22 2003, 11:00 PM

I need to ask 1 more dumb question, will this 1.6 crank bolt right into my 1.5? Once I know this for sure I am set to begin the rebuild. PLus its :worthy: $$$Christmas time!$$$$

I think the 1.6 crank will not bolt in to the 1.5. Here is a quote from my post at honda-tech:
"The D15B rods have the same size big end as the D16Z6. 1.7707 inches I believe. The main journal diameter is smaller, however. It is 1.7707" also. The D16Z6 has 2.1644'' main journals. The USDM D15 connecting rod has a 1.6526" big end diameter."

The main journal diameter applies to the D16A as well.

Honda-tech engine discussion

Originally posted by LeanMeanMarine@Dec 6 2003, 02:22 PM
Mike Anca has done it so obvisouly it will work.

:worthy: Well! now that that is settled i'm good to go. BUT now I need new vavles. are all the sohc non-vtec valves the same? and valve srings and retainers cause I was looking to go .5 a mm over on the intake side and just using stock relpace ments on the exhaust.

So how much is it gonna cost u for this build? Also what exactly are your plans? d16 crank and pistons, & vtec head? Going turbo or NA?

Yea dude hook us up with this build, the specs, parts used and shit to please im kinda curious. As far as the valve question I have no idea...

D < B for me

Originally posted by SolidDreamz@Dec 9 2003, 12:35 AM
So how much is it gonna cost u for this build? Also what exactly are your plans? d16 crank and pistons, & vtec head? Going turbo or NA?

I'm glad some one is interested! I am leaning toward PM7 domed pistons and rods or I even heard the pistons and rod out of an 88 integra were domed so those are in the budget for higher comp. The crank is available through advance auto parts for 200 with an 45$ core charge but since I work there I get 20% off. I ported my head and was looking into valve grinding if I can find the new valve. I just got my walbro fuel pump installed with the TB injection and I can feel a hugh diff. Also for the drag races I have a zex kit that I had from my old car. Also I will be runing a 8 pound flywheel and a real stiff chissis for auto cross Midwest SCCA But in my recent plan I'm converting from throttle body to multi port injection. I didn't want to go turbo be cause I will be driving long trip next summer and I didn't want to be stuck in a cow feild because of turbo problems HEYere is a question which ECU shold I run PM6 or PM7? And I want an HKS s-afr or a S-afc for fuel and MSD SCI ignition amp to handle spark. SO that And a boat load of other bolt ons with a one stage weight reduction and a si tranny.

89_starter, I have an extra D16A6 crank and a set of PM7 pistons/rods if you want to make a deal... I'll definitely beat your Advance Auto Parts price. I also have all the head parts for an MPFI conversion.

:)

By the way, the 88-89 Integra pistons are the same as the PM7 pistons in the DOHC ZC. The dome volume is 7.2cc, and the compression height is the same- the only difference is the P29 stamp instead of the PM7 stamp. Some people have even taken apart the Integra engine to find PM7 pistons inside.

As for ECU, you should probably run the PM6 since it's already set up for the MPFI head and the single cam.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 10 2003, 01:42 PM
89_starter, I have an extra D16A6 crank and a set of PM7 pistons/rods if you want to make a deal... I'll definitely beat your Advance Auto Parts price. I also have all the head parts for an MPFI conversion.

:)

By the way, the 88-89 Integra pistons are the same as the PM7 pistons in the DOHC ZC. The dome volume is 7.2cc, and the compression height is the same- the only difference is the P29 stamp instead of the PM7 stamp. Some people have even taken apart the Integra engine to find PM7 pistons inside.

As for ECU, you should probably run the PM6 since it's already set up for the MPFI head and the single cam.

OK yeah the pm7 is twin cam. Well I would like to deal with you but I have no idea on how to do these long distance transactions? and what kind of deal are we talking? I'll trade you every thing you got for a zex kit :D

HAs any heard of any one using the PM3 pistons on p23 rods? I wnt to our local turner shop and the guy said he had a buddy that was doing the same project as me, and said that he used the flat topped 1.5 pistons milled head and he said it put 130 to the wheels . just wanted to hear from ome one else because I have the 1.6 rods :doh:

Back