d15 building options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't know if this helps any but:
as the result of many pissed off AlternativeHonda.com guys, my d15 build will/could consist of:

~D15 block and crank from DX
~1.5L VX Rods @ 137mm(D16 and D15 rods ARE NOT interchangable)
~Any 1.6L Pistons (preferably the GX or ZC)
Pistons are not interchangable either as pin location is different between 1.5L and 1.6L models.
~DX (D15B7) Head
~CRX Si (D16A6) Camshaft (needs to be zero'd out 4.75 degrees either retard/advanced)
~D16Z6 Intake Manifold
~B18B Throttle Body
~Bisimoto Header (crossing fingers)

And if any one can get the specs on Bisi's engine: They are a god cuz it i one closely guarded secret-if you were the fastest D ever would you post your setup?
I'm hoping this setup will push into the 130hp @ wheels (14.48 estimated 1/4 @ 2000lbs) If you need any other info just ask. 1.5L NONVTEC POWER!

"so your telling me this coke bottle has more displacement than your engine? :huh: "

a long while back I was planning on building an all motor d15... I found out that Endyne makes rods for the d15 however it is deffinatly a custom order. zc and 89 integra pistons will yeild some high horse power numbers. After you do an MPFI swap, or if you are already MPFI, and still non-vtec, I would put an 88-91 SI cam in the motor. I have one still, and I do not think i will be installing it unless, I cannot pass smog with the stock DX cam. I also hear the SI cam is good for about 10 horsepower or so. there are a lot of good options with a 1.5l motor, but the b series market is just massive compared to the d series market.

Keep in mind the aftermarket A6 cams are all options too. Delta has some great regrinds for less than $120, no core required.

The 1.5's really like the A6 cam, Z6 IM and 60mm TB. With these and IHE tuned properly you are near 130-135 crank HP. If you really want to make more power you have to have headwork.

Kracer you realize the Bisi header will cost more than a B18 longblock right? You'd be better off spending that $ on a good tranny and tires.

Originally posted by 89_starter+Dec 11 2003, 01:34 AM-->
@Dec 10 2003, 01:42 PM
89_starter, I have an extra D16A6 crank and a set of PM7 pistons/rods if you want to make a deal... I'll definitely beat your Advance Auto Parts price. I also have all the head parts for an MPFI conversion.

:)

By the way, the 88-89 Integra pistons are the same as the PM7 pistons in the DOHC ZC. The dome volume is 7.2cc, and the compression height is the same- the only difference is the P29 stamp instead of the PM7 stamp. Some people have even taken apart the Integra engine to find PM7 pistons inside.

As for ECU, you should probably run the PM6 since it's already set up for the MPFI head and the single cam.

OK yeah the pm7 is twin cam. Well I would like to deal with you but I have no idea on how to do these long distance transactions? and what kind of deal are we talking? I'll trade you every thing you got for a zex kit :D

Whoops... I guess I missed this one. PM me if you're still interested in buying stuff. I can't trade for anything though, I need cash to pay back some debts.

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 9 2004, 03:37 AM-->
Originally posted by 89_starter@Dec 11 2003, 01:34 AM
Calesta
@Dec 10 2003, 01:42 PM
89_starter, I have an extra D16A6 crank and a set of PM7 pistons/rods if you want to make a deal... I'll definitely beat your Advance Auto Parts price.  I also have all the head parts for an MPFI conversion.

:)

By the way, the 88-89 Integra pistons are the same as the PM7 pistons in the DOHC ZC.  The dome volume is 7.2cc, and the compression height is the same- the only difference is the P29 stamp instead of the PM7 stamp.  Some people have even taken apart the Integra engine to find PM7 pistons inside.

As for ECU, you should probably run the PM6 since it's already set up for the MPFI head and the single cam.

OK yeah the pm7 is twin cam. Well I would like to deal with you but I have no idea on how to do these long distance transactions? and what kind of deal are we talking? I'll trade you every thing you got for a zex kit :D

Whoops... I guess I missed this one. PM me if you're still interested in buying stuff. I can't trade for anything though, I need cash to pay back some debts.

Yeah man you should have paids attention :angry: but I still could use that crank and zc pistons just make an offer and I can see if I can afford it. oh yeah I'm still needing parts for the feul air coversion. By the way Integra type r throttle body could i use one with this setup?

You cannot put a 1.6 crank in a 1.5. To use the PM7/P29 pistons in a 1.5 you need VX rods. The only way to get a 1.6 crank in a 1.5 would be extensive machine work = you could have just bought a 1.6 shortblock and went from there. If you are building a 1.5, upgrade to MPFI if you need to, then get a good cam (depends on what you are building), a Z6 intake manifold port matched to a 60mm B series TB, Si/EX tranny, and some good tires. If you really want to spend the $ rebuilding a motor your only cost effective option with OEM parts is VX rods and piston of choice P29(ZC/88-89integra) would be the highest compression drop in piston. The GX pistons could be used with some work for even more compression.

Originally posted by solblu@Jan 10 2004, 05:16 PM
You cannot put a 1.6 crank in a 1.5. To use the PM7/P29 pistons in a 1.5 you need VX rods. The only way to get a 1.6 crank in a 1.5 would be extensive machine work = you could have just bought a 1.6 shortblock and went from there. If you are building a 1.5, upgrade to MPFI if you need to, then get a good cam (depends on what you are building), a Z6 intake manifold port matched to a 60mm B series TB, Si/EX tranny, and some good tires. If you really want to spend the $ rebuilding a motor your only cost effective option with OEM parts is VX rods and piston of choice P29(ZC/88-89integra) would be the highest compression drop in piston. The GX pistons could be used with some work for even more compression.

UM....? FIRST OF DUH! senond what extinsive machchine work are you talking about? A d series block is a d series block? don't you think it will be expensive for the honda comp. to make two differant block just to put in one car? <_< I have taking an si block apart in class and it look identacal to my block. I meaN LETS JUST THINK FOR A FEW SECOUNDS..... done? ok honda make a 1.5 litre engine hmm...? do you think the would go so far as to making a 1.6 litre eninge that looks the same smells the same even tastes the same just for 0.01 litres? BUT....! I might be wrong.

Originally posted by 89_starter@Jan 9 2004, 03:37 PM
Yeah man you should have paids attention :angry: but I still could use that crank and zc pistons just make an offer and I can see if I can afford it.

Uh, I have a LOT of threads to pay attention to on this site. Excuuuuuuuuuse me if I miss one every now and then.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'll sell you the pistons/rods for $100 plus shipping, the crank for $50 plus shipping, and a bare block for $30 plus shipping.

Bisi is also running a old school carbed d-series which can be much easier tuned than the fuel injected d-series. Just my 2 cents!

Originally posted by newtohondas@Jan 15 2004, 02:03 AM
Bisi is also running a old school carbed d-series which can be much easier tuned than the fuel injected d-series. Just my 2 cents!

Relitivly easier. but if you have a fuel controller feul injetion is easier. But BIsi drag races, I'd like to see if those carbs can handle 1.0 g force around a tight coner with out choking. :rally:

Back