d15, d16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

ok im jsut in the process outside right now of trying to get this d16 z6 motor to bolt to the stock d15 tranny, now i know it is a bitch to get the input shaft to spline into the clutch disc but i thought id ask just to be safe, the d16 flywheel and everything is the same as the d15 right?? or do i have to take the old clutch and flywheel off the d15 and bolt it tothe d16 motor??

Yes, they're the same between D15 and D16, but not between years. The 88 has more splines on the transmission input shaft than the 89-91, and there are also two different flywheel sizes.

yes they are interchangable, my friend has a z6 with a dx tranny and it bolted up fine. i have a act prolight flywheel and a stage 3 6 puck clutchnet disk and heavy duty pressure plate sitting in my room waiting to go on my d15b7 this spring and they where off a Z6(only put 6k miles on it):D

ok yeah, this z6 is out of a sol and its a 94 cx hatchback. both obd 1 motors so its gotta be the ame, im just having the back of the flywheel catching on the axle shaft, so i guess ill just pull that axle, looks like a toooight toooight fit! oh well, ill get out there and give her shit again! :D

Originally posted by DelSlo@Feb 13 2005, 02:33 PM
ok yeah, this z6 is out of a sol and its a 94 cx hatchback. both obd 1 motors so its gotta be the ame, im just having the back of the flywheel catching on the axle shaft, so i guess ill just pull that axle, looks like a toooight toooight fit! oh well, ill get out there and give her shit again! :D
[post=460424]Quoted post[/post]​

Am i the only one that is completely confused by this??? How are your axles anywhere near your flywheel?

Am i the only one that is completely confused by this??? How are your axles anywhere near your flywheel?
[post=460577]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

cause the trany is still in the car... the axle for diver side plugs into the tranny right next to the bell housing!

well it was, after trying to get the input shaft to spline with the clutch disc for literally 4 hours, i put a few bolts in the tranny and disconnected a few more things and ripped the hwole fuckin thing out, together. so i was pissed so i just left it, went out this morning to my garage and its fuckin pouring rain, but its frozen rain !! grrr

so i just went to the garage and honestly 45 seconds later i had the tranny and motor splined together! ohh thats a piss off!! so now i gotta drop it all in tommorow and get this fuckin piece of crap car out of my life! there really has to be somekind of trick or something or an easier way, cause 3 times ive tried just pullin the motor ive had to end up taking them both out at the same time.. anyone else find this, or you got osme kind of magic up your sleeve!! <_<

Back