d15 engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88dxguy

how much time does it take to swap an engine if it is the same engine and how hard would it be if you have never done it before and do you have any tips. thanks.

well if you can turn a wrench and very basic knowledge and if its a civic about 1-2 hours

it is a crx. 1-2 hour, i went to a pro and they told me would take eight if everything went right the first time. but that was to put a b-16 in it so it would probably take a little more time. thanks.

well i can put one in in about 45min to a hour any motor but a h or f series

you mean you cant ? notice i said all but h f and i forgot k series

it's relatively easy, I just did a d15b7 swap for the same engine, never done any engine work in my life, just make sure everything you disconnect you label so you know where it goes when you put it back together. I was shocked how easy it was, the hardest part for me was the transmission but kept working at it and it took me two days to do.

well im counting everthing as setup and ready to go like harness all hooked up ect ect

well i guess if your talking about the fluids being filled and 100% ready to drive your right i was just talking about the harnss pluged up motor and tranny in car and hoses hooked up, but in all seriousnes it took about a hour to swap out my d series crx and put a new d series in it, and remeber i also had everything ready meaning as soon as i sat the old motor on the ground i was picking the other up with the hrness already attached,

Back