D15 into 81 civic dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

81crx88zc

I have started to strip down my hoopty car for the installation of the motor that I just pulled out of my 88 crx. I put a zc in the crx and I had this extra motor layng around and I just hydrolocked the old motor in my 81 civic, so I was just thinking why not? Was just wondering if anyone has see anyone do this before? I am very mechanically inclined so im not worried about the masive modifing I will be doing, just worried alittle about the axles fitting. If anyone has any ideas I am up for suggestions.

best suggestion i can give you is to use the 88 crx inners, the part that goes into the tranny, and then try to mate the old axles to those inners...

thats the best option i can think of without seeing it

you gonna switch the 81 over to FI, or are you gonna try and put carbs on the crx motor?

i vote to get the carbed intake off a JDM D15, people sell them cheap, that will help out a LOT with your wiring problems and such...
ad its a dual card setup...
you just need power and ground going to distributor and you;re set... or at least thats what i was told

Im gonna keep in FI cause I take the car over the pass(I'm in WA state)for snow boarding and carbs don't do so well in high climate. I'm getting all the wiring out of the wrecking yard cause I still have my old ecu also. I might try that with the axles. Im thinking this is gonna be a long process.

i don't think long is the word
lol

it would prob be cheaper to just buy a replacement engine than to buy all the parts you are going to need...

i know it sounds like a good idea, but you'll get half way done, get so damn frustrated that you'll just send the whole heap to the junkyard
lol

save your time for something more worthy, and just replace the motor...

i'll keep thinking of ideas for you though
best of luck mang

i've got a couple EW4 drive trains from first gen crx si, with ecu and trans...
maybe that would be easier, but its also MPFI
good luck

i'll trade you for your 88 motor and trans, if its MPFI that is...
i need MPFI intake mani and ecu for DPFI conversion

its a dx motor d15. I have alot of parts and two of these motors, tranys, everything, since I have done a few dx to zc swaps. I am alway up for a challenge and this car is rally beater that we have thrashed on for years. Great for a psycho project car!

lol, well best of luck mang

you're gonna be pulling your hait out on this swap for sure

lol

Back