D15 into 90 DX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludecrasy87

Ok so ya right now my car is jacked up, so i wont do the mini me swap into my car.
Cuz its burning oil so i decided for just buyin the whole engine, with the ECU P08
their sellin it for $500.
First i was thinkin bout the ZC swap but i had a buddy of mine goin for the swap toward the end everything was great and he didnt pass smog and we tried every way to pass but nothin worked.
So my question is that i own a 90 dx do i need to use my original engine harness and convert it from DPFI to MPFI then convert OBDo to OBD1 then connect it to the P08 ECU or is their a better ECU to get for this engine. Or do i use the harness that comes from D-series Vtec.
Now i still need to wire the vtec wires still right?
Like before doin the conversion of OBDo to 1, i wire the Vtec wires; like Vtec solenoid to A08,
Secondary Intake Solenoid to A17, Vtec Oil Pressure sensor to B05, Knock Sensor to B19.But i first i need to convert Fuel Injectors, Then wire Vtec, then i convert OBD right?
Also can i still use my DX tranny or do i need to get the one for D15B engine?
If i do need to replace the tranny can i still use the axle out of my DX?

yes your stock tranny will bolt right up and it sounds like your on the right path the p08 uses a 1 wire 02 so it will be easy, but dont forget to swap around the driver side motor mounts

Back