d15 piston rod broken

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellisd

Ellis_d
look i'm sorry i'm new to the whole piston rod thing so bear with me
i need to know know the quickest way to change a piston rod for little or no cost aside from the rod itself . i dont really wanna replace gaskets if i don't have to .
i'm trying to save my self some money by fixing the rod instead of a new motor .
i'm almost possitive my motor is still fixible because the block isn't damaged and neither is the top end so i'm gonna try to fix it . i don't have a torque wrench near by only socket wrenches so any help would be awesome thanks .

there are ninjas everywere :ph34r: :ph34r: :wall: :ph34r: :ph34r: hide

Go out through the bottom so you don't have to replace any gaskets... royal pain in the ass though.

theres no way to get the rod/piston out through the bottom. the piston wont clear the mains

theres no way to get the rod/piston out through the bottom. the piston wont clear the mains

werd. tried and failed. i dont know if it works on b-series stuff, but on a d16y7 we couldnt do it.

Cheapest way unbolt the head with intake manifold bolted to the head. Exhaust factory gasket can be reused. Use a ball hone for cylinder with bad rod/piston new rings piston rod and bearings. check to see if cylinder walls are damaged and if valves were damaged.

Tried it, won't clear, you have to pull the head. And your going to have to get a torque wrench for this job.

it still wont come out. the mains (which are molded to the block) are in the way. youd have to cut the mains out rendering your block useless

Just cut them off. You don't need them. You can always duct tape them back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back