d15 to d16 swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whitetsiawd

Engine blew on my lil 92 hatch which had a d15 non-vtec in it, and a friend has a d16 vtec he doesnt need and he'd just give it to me, so I was wondering if the swap would be easy?

what all would it entail, could I use the d15 axles, tranny, etc...?

And I know that I would have to run a wire or 2 for the vtec but thats not a big deal.

Thanks in advance,
Cody

change the ECU (p28) either auto or manual, depending on the transmission and you should be able to use everything else and add the 3 wires for vtec

Yeah, you basically need a P28 ecu, 3 wires and probably new fluids and a few extra hoses to do the swap. Simple as it gets. I'd replace the motor mounts, or get inserts while I was at it. It was also be a good time to change the timing belt, water pump and clutch.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, you basically need a P28 ecu, 3 wires and probably new fluids and a few extra hoses to do the swap. Simple as it gets. I'd replace the motor mounts, or get inserts while I was at it. It was also be a good time to change the timing belt, water pump and clutch.
:werd:

Alright sounds easy, oh also the d16 was a automatic, but I have the d15 5 speed tranny out of my car, so will they bolt up w/ no problems?

Ditto, I'm myself trying to find an EX tranny.

Or you could go with a VX tranny for a massive top speed of 178 mph... :ph34r:

Im doing pretty much the same swap that this guy is, or... was considering this was 7 months ago, and I have some questions...

Can I stick the distributor from the d15 on the d16? Or should I cut the plug off the d16 and just match up the wires from the old plug?

Also, does anyone know where I can find information on wiring up the Vtec components?

If you guys can help thatd be swell cause this project has been abandoned since august and I suddenly need to finish for long complicated reasons.

If these questions seem like noob questions, its probably because Im a noob....

Hey, If You Are Using The D16 That Was Auto Your Gonna Need To Use The Clutch, Pressure Plate And Flywheel From Your D15.. Make Your Own Solid Motor Mounts While Your In There.. With Poly-urethane.. Helps Out Alot! Did Mine And There Great.. Do The Timing Belt/water Pump, Head Gasket While The Motor Is Out Of The Car.. Good Luck With The Swap.. Pm Me If You Have Any Questions..

Back