D15 Tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nflames

Will the stock D15(US) tranny work on a JDM D15b motor? I know dumb question, but all I have ever mest with is the b18's. I'm trying to figure out what motor to put in my 92' Hatch. Any suggestions? Also thinking about a B16B with an LSD tranny.

:wave:

Welcome to the site!

Yes, your stock D15 transmission will work on any other D series engine, JDM or USDM. The only thing you have to watch for are input shaft and clutch/flywheel sizes on the 88-89 Civics- those are a little screwy.

What do you want to do with the car? Type of racing? Budget?

nflames said:
My car will be used as a daily driver. But I like to go to drag strips from time to time. I would like to spend no more than 2-2500 on a complete engine, tranny, ecu, wiring harness. I do like the B18 but I was thinking about a B16 vtec. Eventually I will install a turbo. Right now the engine and car has 230,000+ miles so it needs more work done before I put in a turbo. I would also like to build the engine before installing it in the car. Thanks for your time.

Please read my signature- don't PM me- post stuff like this back in your thread. You'll get a lot more feedback. I'll go ahead and post this back in the thread for you.

Back