d15 vtec start problems.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jwatson619

ok i just finished my d15 vtec swap from a d16z6 in my 95 civic ex. i have everything pluged in and reconnected. im still usig the p28 non chiped for the d15 right now cause im waiting to get paid this friday. But the problem im having is that i started the car and it ran it for bout a min and the check engine light came on. then i turned it off to lower it off the jacks. When i went to start it and take it for a test drive, it started running like crapt and then died. Now it wont start. A friend of mine said it will probly need to be tuned but i was wondering if there is anything i can check first instead of having to go spend money i dont have.​

Check all of your sensors according to the Helms(there's actually a flow chart in there that should help).

its the stock d16z6 harness with the 2 wires coming out of the o2 sensor from the header. but the d15 came with a stock header with 1 wire o2 sensor. but i didnt think that would make a difference if i used the 2 wire on my ceramic header. But would the o2 sensor not let the car start?

It should be 4 wires from the O2(stock OBD1); but I've started without a O2 hooked up before. It should definitely run without a tune so that's not the issue.

Back