D15A engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rbrascal

Hello, I have a 1988 Honda Integra LX 1488cc engine code D15A. I bought the car recently and the mecanic nor I noticed a fault with the oil pump which has inturn broke the engine due to oil starvation. I've been told that it will cost a hell of alot of money to overhaul the engine so I am wondering if I can put a D15B engine in the car without having to do much modifications for example a 1992 civic ESi has a D15B but would that fit my integra or am I restricted to that exact engine. I would like an engine with at least 98 BHP, for the car is a fair size and NEthing less than that wouldn't be a sufficiant power to pull the car. I would apreciate anyones expertiese, please write back

Ryan RBr :(

Originally posted by theodorcrx@Sep 9 2005, 07:49 PM
do you mean Honda Civic LX or an Acura Integra LS.
[post=551993]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm from the UK and it is the Honda Integra LX, it has a D15A engine in it, I dunno Y the codes are different in the US? I think LX means limited Xtras cause it hasn't got electric anything, not even windows just PAS, anyway, do you know if I could fit a D15B to the D15A mountings???

thanx

Ryan

Back