1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D15A engine swap

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by rbrascal, Sep 9, 2005.

1. rbrascal

rbrascal Junior Member

Hello, I have a 1988 Honda Integra LX 1488cc engine code D15A. I bought the car recently and the mecanic nor I noticed a fault with the oil pump which has inturn broke the engine due to oil starvation. I've been told that it will cost a hell of alot of money to overhaul the engine so I am wondering if I can put a D15B engine in the car without having to do much modifications for example a 1992 civic ESi has a D15B but would that fit my integra or am I restricted to that exact engine. I would like an engine with at least 98 BHP, for the car is a fair size and NEthing less than that wouldn't be a sufficiant power to pull the car. I would apreciate anyones expertiese, please write back

Ryan RBr :(

2. theodorcrx

theodorcrx Member

do you mean Honda Civic LX or an Acura Integra LS.

3. rbrascal

rbrascal Junior Member

I'm from the UK and it is the Honda Integra LX, it has a D15A engine in it, I dunno Y the codes are different in the US? I think LX means limited Xtras cause it hasn't got electric anything, not even windows just PAS, anyway, do you know if I could fit a D15B to the D15A mountings???

thanx

Ryan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted