D15B 3 stage setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have this infamous d15b 3 stage running perfectly in my 97 ex manual trans. I have the ex wire harness of course, (y8) im using everything from a y8 on it, y8 intake, fuel rail, dizzy all sensors plugged right in , 1 more no less lol, just had to get the 1 solenoid wireup and running. 2 wire iac. I am currently running An OBD1 P72 equivelent ecu with Hondata S300 unit. with this setup i am able to keep everything working correctly, a/c, fans, alternator, purge, idle and both vtec's. With the s300 , all i had to do is run the wire from the iab output to a relay, from the relay to the corresponding vtec solenoid for 12-16 valve, then in the s300 software you open a NOS/Auxillary out put, set it for the out put you want to use, a/c wire, alternator control, fan control, purge valve control, or intake air butterfly's. Next set conditions, between what rpm you want it to come in, between what vacuum to boost range, Throttle posistion, speed, temperature. Then next you have fuel and timing adjustments per 1k rpm increments when engaged, fill in what it takes up to the rpm that your "vtec" comes in, typicaly around 5k rpm, you will leave anything after 5k alone because when vtec kicks in by ECU comand it will switch to its own fuel and timing tables.

Im boosting mine with a Remote mounted (at the rear) turbo, its a neon srt4 td04lr turbo, sidemount intercooler, 60mm integra b18b1 throttle body, K series obd2 modified 550cc injectors, plug and play, no resistors needed and idles perfect. I get 42 mpg average per tank with a trunk full of tools, ac, power everything, windows locks mirrors moonroof full interior. when tuned ill be taming it to 230 hp till i can get stronger rods and forged pistons. Right now im running 9psi at max to 7200 rpm with 12:1 AFR and pulled timing from the b16a2 with greddy turbo, realy conservative timing.

dude thats awesome I've totally been waiting to see one of these hooked up...

got any vids of it running/pulls/etc?

just a shit vid of my y8 the night i put the turbo on, no fuel or timing management, its funny as hell when i look at it now lol search youtube, remote turbo civic.

im finishing porting out my spare compressor snail for the turbo, getting a new trans and clutch next week , Then HITTIN THE DYNO!!! I got this engine by mistake and well im not one to do something conventional, i already had a remote turbo so the stock p2j wont cut it, and my chipped p28 didnt have enough control over everything that i wanted so hondata it was.

Back