D15B 3000 rpm max

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sofast

I installed a D15b JDM into a 90 si hatch for a friend. I was called off to work in another state. when I returned a shop finished up the work. They went from obd to obd1. The car has a hard start and will not run over 3000 rpm. it ran this way before the obd to obd1 swap as well. I verified timing and is perfect. when running it runs smooth at idle up to 3000 rpm. The check engine light is on. Do I use the same method to check that timing light now that it is obd1? Has anyone had this same problem

Crank position sensor, tdc sensor or cylinder sensor...my four door did the same thing til i swapped out the dizzy.

I was thinking dizzy as wel. i will check it all out. thanks

I found that whomever did the obd1 conversion left an empty plug with a blank in it. It is supposed to be plugged to the resistor box and it is not becuase it has the obd0 resistor box in the car. But the car will run???? barely but it will run. Is this possible? can you bypass the resistor box to run. any suggestions?

ECU is in limp mode. If all sensors, etc. are good, try another ECU.

As far as the resistor box, if it's OBD1 injectors; don't need it. If it's OBD0 or any peak and hold(low reisitance; ~2-5ohm), then you definitely need it(running peak and hold injectors without resistors can fry the Honda ECU).

Back