d15b cam

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HATCHET_HONDA

scottie fizzle
so i was thinking of adding a performance cam to my d15b swap...along with a cat back exhaust. what kind of hp gains am i lookin at with the 2?

I'd get a higher flowing header to match the CAI and catback so you get better flow overall, then get a high-flow intake manifold to go with it I'd get it flowing first. Then get the cam along with a Skunk2 valvetrain upgrade kit with springs, seals, retainers, etc.

Right now all I got is a short ram intake with 2.25 inch piping from the cat back with a neuspeed muffler, so the headers are next for me :).

heres what i got installed so far...
4-2-1 stainless header, skunk2 intake mani, aem short air ram, areospeed adj. cam pulley

new problem...CEL came on. i have the rywire ob0 to obd1 adapter harness to plug the p28 into my ef. when i flip the toggle to check the codes the CEL goes out...light comes on again when toggles turned off...any suggestions?

Don't know about you but after I finish my swap and get it running I'm gonna disable my CEL to pass inspection. As long as it's running good and I have a engine temperature gauge I'm good.

i was sitting at an idle making out with this girl then i seen the CEL come on and i noticed my temp guage was a lil over 190..that hotter than usual. i got all concerned for the car and she got pissed..lol

any suggestions on a cam setup? and the fan didnt wanna come on with the fan switch after the swap so i wired it to the wiper circuit. its on all the time and is working so idk

tell me about it...and 40 bucks to ship on top of that. i seen a head auction listed as a d15b...it wasnt vtec...the pic was a d16a head! wtf?? ripoffs..

the damn light wont show any codes..i wish i could "borrow" somebody's p28... im the only honda for like 20 miles

ive searched..cheapest 152..shiping 20 bones. im not really sure the ecu is totally to blame but only other culprit would be the conversion harness. but it seems fine. im betting its the p28 but thats an expensive shot in the dark

but just as a note if you use the po8 ecu you will have to run a 1 wire o2 sensor,and the p28 takes a 4 wire

thats what im confused about.. .. only real problems im noticed has been the A/F ratio guage reading lean and its runnin a tad bit warmer than before (not really hot tho)

all wires are good...i just cant check the damn codes for some reason. it still does nothing (code 0)

Back