d15b distributer prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micmac

I am swapping my non vtec stock engine from my 94 civic lx for a vtec jdm d15b engine. The mechanic that is doing the swap says my distributer on the new engine is faulty. He says it has a warped bearing and the car won't fire. I've read that you can swap the distributers from my stock engine to the d15b, but my mechanic says its impossible. Any suggestions? I have a bad feeling my mechanic doesn't know what he's doing.

it is possible to swap distrubitors....the differences would be the plugs....and the mounting posts...we did one on my buddies crx and he had to file out the insides of the posts to make it fit...sometimes only 1 post will line up ...and i wouldnt recomend using only 1 bold to hold on the distrubitor

glad to hear that because Im about to do the same swap and the guy said it doesnt come with the distributor, was going to use my stock one off of d15b7. engine was 380.00 plus 100.00 shipping thats cheap as hell! with 35,000 miles and papers with warranty!

Back