d15b in a 92 dx coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vinnyiscool

.what are the pro's and cons of this swap. i heard its cheap and easy

i believe he means the jdm d15b vtec engine. its very cheap and very easy, i myself am in the process of doing this swap. about 128 hp engine, pros are its cheap, light and had decent power to start with and if your lucky maybe even a tranny. cons are its still not that fast and parts selection

Just get a D16Z6, should be cheaper, and it's the same Hp.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 24 2004, 06:18 PM
Just get a D16Z6, should be cheaper, and it's the same Hp.

in my area the d16z6 is more expensive than a d15b, i like what i have been seeing from the d15b i'll find out myself this month

alright im gonna get the z6... is it a straight bolt in swap besides running the vtec wires or am i gonna run into other problems.. also can i keep the tranny from my dx for now? thanks guys

straight bolt in and yes your dx tranny will work but i would recommend a newer d16y8 tranny. dx has longer gearing then the ex trannies

does any one know where i can find a diagram to dissasemble the whole dash. i want to switch the interior with another dx

im lookin into the same swap for my hatch. but i wanna run a t25 turbop setup with a vafc hack wich tranny is better ex/si or the dx

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jun 26 2004, 09:46 PM
im lookin into the same swap for my hatch. but i wanna run a t25 turbop setup with a vafc hack wich tranny is better ex/si or the dx

Si/EX, shorter gears, better acceleration.

Back