D15b into a 92 civic cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

QwkSi

I'm sure somebody has asked this but i've searched this forum left and right and didn't find n e thing. We just put a d15b into my friend's 92 civic cx. I've heard this model/year is prewired for vtec, and that the vtec wires are only ran from the ecm to the strut tower harness (passenger side). Does anybody know what wires are the vtec wires and where they are supposed to go? any help would be awesome. :lol:

CX hatches aren't pre-wired for vtec unless the previous owner wired it. CX hatches didn't come with a VTEC motor, so there's no reason it would be wired from the factory. Anyway, if the car has a VTEC wire, it's not stock, so it could very well be anything.

I know the cx didn't come with a vtec motor. I'm pretty sure, unless other honda forums are confused, and unless my friend already wired it with the factory colored wires that the 92 civics were prewired for vtec from the ecm to the strut tower harness. But i need to know where they go after the strut tower harness, the wires i've found are orange/white, and orange/blue.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 13 2004, 09:40 PM
CX hatches aren't pre-wired for vtec unless the previous owner wired it. CX hatches didn't come with a VTEC motor, so there's no reason it would be wired from the factory. Anyway, if the car has a VTEC wire, it's not stock, so it could very well be anything.
[post=376505]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn it.

92's are ALL prewired for all features, including vtec. If you remove the cover on the left of the steering wheel, you'll also see plugs for power mirrors, and other features they didn't come with like a sunroof.

As for which wires, not sure and my manual is in another country right now. But have a look in the articles section, I think somewhere in there the colors and locations are mentioned.

i dont want to steal this discussion but i have a quick question. is the d15b a bolt-in swap for the 92-95 civic? i know d series parts are interchangable but is it obd1 compatible (wiring)? i just need to run the wires for vtec and activate it somehow, correct? i plan on chipping the ecu with uberdata to run vtec and then boost it later

my cx was not pre wired for VTEC. there are only 2 wires that you need to run, and you already have the colors. i don't know where my buddy got the pin diagram to do mine, but you're on your way. just do a google search or something to find it.

Is it a 92? Every one I have seen has been, as have the hundreds of other people have swapped into.

it's a 94. i think it was wired for VTEC up until the plugs right in front of the battery. then we had to run the wires through the firewall to the ECU.

Back