D15B into EG8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My stock engine bit the bullet a couple months ago, the harmonic balancer came lose (I have yet to have how that could happen explained to me), tearing up my crank. So, after searching for an engine I could afford without having to buy too many other parts to make it work, I went with a JDM D15B (I think in the states they're stamped D15Z7?) Anyway, the only two things I had to hunt down were a P28 ECU and a wiring harness, since my old engine wasn't VTEC and the harness on the new engine was cut all to hell. I got the motor from Engine World (engineworldusa.com, 1-800-903-4430) for $450, plus $170 shipping, with 6 month unlimited mile warranty.

Everything from my old engine bolted right up without too much hassle. Here's what I have so far:
D15B
Skunk 2 Intake Mani
DC Headers (I think I want these wrapped in the near future)
No name - Ebay Short Shifter
No name Cold Air Intake

So, it's a slow start, and I'll be adding to things as I go along, maybe this time next year I'll start shopping for a turbo, but I'll light that fire cracker when I get there. Like I said, I'll get pics up ASAP, comments are not only welcome but appreciated as always. ;)

JDM D15B's are JDM D15B's in the states ;) Closes thing we have to that is the D16Z6 or D15Z1(depends on how you look at it).

The D15Z7 is the 3-stage VTEC motor I believe(I believe they were only in Asia). In Japan, that's also the D15B too!

Back