D15b No Torque

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

k how about this, with my d15b with the ex tranny for me redlines are as follows=

1st is 55 60
2nd is 105 110
3rd is about 155 160
4th goes to about 190

this is shiftng at 7100 to 7200. if your kph falls shorter, you have the right tranny

Thanks for the input but I would never run my engine that hard. To put it simple with the tranny that's in it now on a flat road with no wind my car in 5th gear flat out will never hit 150kph. I get no CEL/SEL and the motor runs smooth.

The d15b is essentially the "type r" of the d series and can handle the abuse quite well.

5th gear is an overdrive gear not ment for accelleration. Try mashing through first and second and see if you hit 55 and 105 rather than 45 and 85-90. If yiu get the latter, you have the right tranny.

I will try what you recommend but honestly I've had six Si's none drove like this. And my cx hatchback should never blow the doors of an Si. Thanks again for everyone's input.

The d15b is essentially the "type r" of the d series

Actually, the D16 ZCs are considered higher. D15Bs were found in "normal" trims.

Actually I find none of those codes. Mine has a bar code sticker it reads S20 -1054638 and in fact S20 should be an Si tranny. I believe it has been played with and maybe repaired with the wrong parts?
I thought the tranmission was in the car in your profile. Anyways, S20 would be the hydro transmissions(PL3 is the cable). There's no way to decipher what you have through the serial. Though, in this case, Si/EX is still 40mm and all others are 35mm.

Or we can do the gearing ratio test. Not to mention its alot more fun! :D
I always thought those d15b's were the alpha D, not the zc's. Now you know...or I know in this case

does it have two vtech stages? look at your vtech syloinds or One. if the case you might just have a sluggish first vtech stage. They are called Econmic vtech I am having the same thing the last 3 weeks of research I have found are the egr valve, the fuel rail, and the Cat

so you've been doing research for the past 3 weeks and you still haven't found out what VTEC stands for?

There is, in fact, a 3-stage d15b, but as has already been pointed out, this is likely a transmission issue. A d-series with the wrong tranny is no fun at all. It's like driving an H22 with an F-series tranny....you're gonna get bored, frustrated, and you're going to continually wonder why you bothered wasting your money on that new engine.

k, remember that.

vtec. no h. makes you look stupid when you spell it wrong, not once, but 4 times in the same post in a technical form.

Wow! Anyway, yes this D15b came with the multi VTEC I however used my intake etc.. and I am using a regular single VTEC set up. I hope you did the same, unless you changed your ECU it will not work. If you plan to use the multi stage get the right ECU! I have checked my VTEC solenoid it functions properly. Again as my friend from Dallas has noted I firmly believe the transmission is the issue the new one comes tomorrow. :) Thanks

Back