d15b sohc vtec into 1993 eg dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GTA_G20

What exactly do I need in order for this swap to take place. I bought this civic for $300 because two cylinders are low on compression. I can grab the engine for $350 not looking to make it go super fast. Just wondering what are the bare necessities to get this engine in the car and driving.

My engine importer also tried to get me into a ZC which is also OBDI. What do you recommend the ZC is $450. Oh yea these prices are canadian too :D .

just go with the d15b sohc vtec, you dont need anything if you just want it to run, just bolt it in and start it up using all your old parts, if you want to run vtec and have a more power, get an si/ex tranny and a p28 ecu and wire up vtec.

The easier swap will be the OBD1 DOHC ZC. You won't even have to wire up VTEC, and can use your stock ECU.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 15 2004, 05:52 AM
The easier swap will be the OBD1 DOHC ZC. You won't even have to wire up VTEC, and can use your stock ECU.

:thumbsup: On top of being able to use almost everything that you might wind up needing from your D series.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 15 2004, 08:44 AM-->
@Jun 15 2004, 05:52 AM

:thumbsup: On top of being able to use almost everything that you might wind up needing from your D series.

Thanks so much guys,

So I wont be able to use parts from my d series engine? I called the engine importer today and he said that in order for the d15b vtec again and he said I need a distirbutor and ecu in order for vtec to operate. Am I not able to use the distributor sitting on the d15 non vtec in the car already?

I appreciate your quick responses.

The vtec and non vtec distributors are a little different, and the D15B, if it's the one with 3 stage vtec, needs it's ECU to operate correctly.

so if I wanted to, I could use the dx distributor and ecu to make the car run. In the meantime I could also wire up the vtec so when I found me an ecu I could plug it in and be on my way?

Originally posted by GTA_G20@Jun 16 2004, 07:45 PM
so if I wanted to, I could use the dx distributor and ecu to make the car run. In the meantime I could also wire up the vtec so when I found me an ecu I could plug it in and be on my way?

Different meaning they bolt on a little different. I haven't swapped every part, but the guy who put my VX motor into a CX couldn't use the CX distributor on it because it was different.

Hi, My name is Dave. I have a 92 cx with a d15b8. I just bought a JDM D15 Vtec. I was wondering how your swap is going. And if it is possible to get your ecu flashed from a Honda dealer instead of buying a ECU.

Back