d15b sohc vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dragon2003

i was just wondering what you guys think of the d15b sohc vtec motor and stuff, cause i hear that it is better then the d16z6 and also has 130hp and 111ft.lbs. of torque, and also it comes in second compared to the b16a. i am just in need of some info on this motor and what you guys think of it.

hi drg...
mi saw tat artical too..
the D15B came in second other than the B16A
Do you think a Z6 head on a D15 bottom came out to be the same?? :unsure:

well im doing the DPFI to MPFI swap 1st from my D15B2 1st than i will try to swap the Z6 head on later...kekek..heard tat the CR came out to 10:6.1 :p (maybe tats the reson it came out to 130hp?) of cz with the vtec.. :eek:

Now chosing a between PM6 and PM7 ECu for my MPFI swap???
trying to figur out manual and auto among the ECU.
Hear tat PM7 got better fuel map but im afraid tat FC will be very high.
any idea??

hey blackcom,

well when i did mpfi i also did auto to manual, so i had no problem choosing what ecu to use. and has for the d15b sohc vtec motor, it is slightly the same as the z6 head on a d15b2 block but the jdm d15b has 130hp and with the cr at 9.2:1, and the mini-me having cr 10.6:1, so i think that the mini-me would be good for n/a and the jdm d15b will be good with a turbo.

and also the jdm d15b is also known to be a sleeper, so i think i will probably do the jdm d15b swap in my car.

so is there any problems after you did the MPFI swap??

i just have the d15b2 motor with mpfi in it right now, i won't be doing the swap for a while. the only problem that i had was that i had when i did the swap, is that when i took out the dx distibutor and then tried to the take the bolts out for my drivplate (for my auto to manual conversion), i turned the crank too many times and messed up my timing. so when i went to put the si distributor in, i had to mess with the timing some more. so when you take the dx distibutor out put the si one in, make sure the rotor is in the same position as from when you took it out, and you will be fine.

damm...
im not doing the mpfi anymore,my car went through a pool of water and the water went into the engine result in bending my rod..f*** :angry:
got no choice but to swap the whole damm engine since izt damage.. :(
now in the workshop swapping to a full D16Z6, im doing it at a neighbour country cz my car broke down over there and hopefully they get me the correct engine.. :unsure:
cost mi about $900 :( :( :(
u tink izt worth it?? D15B2 to D16Z6 for 900? (labour+Engine+harness+ECU from Z6) no tranny
hopefully izt a JDM.
wish me luck cz im not there to watch the whole process cz im leaving to taiwan 2nite for 3 weeks. :(

your going to taiwan? i am half taiwanese, my mom is from taiwan. but as for the whole swap thing, whenever i do the swap i will use the si harness and use the msd rpm activation switch for vtec. well have fun in taiwan. and good luck on the car.

well i only go to see family, the last time went was around 2001, and i don't think they really have any performance shops or anything. and the price on getting your car worked on is pretty good for a shop. so why are you going to taiwan? well i don't really know my way around but my family lives in taichung. but there are some really cool stuff to see out there. all i can say is have fun, and good luck on your car.

is putting the d15b sohc vtec the same as putting the d16z6 into a 4gen civic? and what would i need to make the driver side mount to fit.

Back