d15b swap in to 89 hatch si help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asianboi89

:confused: to those can help. i'm having trouble getting my civic to run. the motor in the car is d15b vtec. everything is bolt on and pluged up but somehow it'll crank but won't get the car going like catching fire. i don't really know if its the wiring i did or what. to those who can help, i really want to get my car running please help me if anyone can.:(

I have the same problem and same car

I have a 89 hatch si with a jdm d15b vtec. I have changed the ecu, upgraded the wiring(from www.rywire.com). everything is as it should be, ie. i have spark and fuel. but the car just won't run....

What ecu, wiring, distributer, and intake manifold are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
the ecu that im running is a old school ls so itll plug up easier...wat im trying to do is get my car to run then get the ecu harness jumper then get a vtec ecu, the engine harness that im using is obdo so i dont have to covert so much, the distributor im using is 95 si but i had to cut the wire and convert it to obd1...all i did was match up the colors, and the manifold that im using is the original one.....all know im trying to get my car to flame up because i dont really know what is causing it to not spark....everything is cranking but not flaming up....what items are using?

What ecu, wiring, distributer, and intake manifold are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:
This maybe stupid guys but have you checked your firing order? The last two b16's I have purchased both had the firing order messed up.

I recently did a d15b swap in my 89 hatch si and was trying to do the same thing. You can not run a obd1 distributor on an obd0 ecu. If you get an obd1 ecu.You can wire up the dizzy so that you don't need an adapter. But make sure you wire it up correctly. the LARGE WHITE wire on obd0 goes to YELLOW/GREEN. All of the rest are the same colors. If you have your obd0 dizzy you can modify it to fit on the head of your new engine and your car will run obd0. But i recomend switching to obd1. You get vtech and it makes installing your dizzy alot easier. Make sure you took the temp sensor out of your old engine and changed the plug in your new engine. Check these sites out:HYBRID 4G Tech: 92-95 1.6L SOHC VTEC Swap, Rywire - Online Store, and for your ecu cheack out ebay. Your going to want to get a p08 ecu not the p28. I just did the same swap in my 89 civic hatch si, I had to get a p08 ecu, obd1 conversion harness, and believe it or not the timing was off 180 degrees because the gear was on the dizzy backwards, so check your timing. If you have any questions e-mail me at poison0046@gmail.com.

i done a d16z6 vtec swap in my 91 si hatch and my car wouldnt run using the obd1 distributor with my obd0 ecu hopefully this helps

hey what up guys,,
im having a bit of a problem with my d15b swap in a 93 civic coupe dx, always same code : vtec pressure switch!!!

d15b

i know i have to stay obd 1 that's not my problem, i am using a P08 ecu and i always have the same code: vtec pressure switch,

thank for your help

either you don't have your vtech hooked up or your vtech pressure switch is out. it is right next to your dizzy. on the intake side of the head. I got that code when i unplugged the vtech pressure switch.

anyway i found out what the problem...i got my car to sparkup and cranking but not yet running....do you know whats the problem? i already did timming too.

Back