D15b swap into a 93 Civic EX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sameoldg

Hello all, I'm new to the site, and I was wondering if I could pick your collective brains for some info. Here goes:

I have a 93 Civic EX that the engine and tranny are getting real tired on, (Like 190k tired) and I'm just looking for a direct replacement to stick in there. hmotorsonline.com has some good deals on a d15b which makes almost the same hp, but I was wondering if my bolt-ons would fit it?

Would I have to buy anything aside from the long block, or would I need to get ECU and other stuff too?

I just want to unbolt one and bolt in the other. I'm a fair mechanic, but I wouldn't want to have to modify a bunch of stuff just to swap it out. I've heard they are pretty close to one another, I was just wondering if you guys had any experience with this particular swap. Thanks in advance!

G

have done that swap - bolts right in and hooks up just like it was made for it - no differences at all - there are 3 versions of the D15B - D15B VTEC (the one you need) - D15B 3-stage VTEC - D15B-Eco VTEC (only 92hp)

Hey, I was wondering if I need a new ECU for this swap too?

you're cars an eg. anyway get a p08 ecu or p28

its a 93 ex.. he has a p28
hammer.gif

Back