D15B swap problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

I just swapped a d15b into my 92 lx and am having some problems. When I first start the car it won't stay running and after about about 20 secs of pressing the gas to keep it running it just clicks and stays running. It is also running kind of rich and was smoking when we first got doen with the swap. I am thinking it may be the IAC but any feedback would be great. Also the d15 from the lx had no MAP sensor and the d15b requires it. Should I get a wiring harness from a cx or dx?

Originally posted by dansace@May 29 2005, 11:17 PM
I just swapped a d15b into my 92 lx and am having some problems. When I first start the car it won't stay running and after about about 20 secs of pressing the gas to keep it running it just clicks and stays running. It is also running kind of rich and was smoking when we first got doen with the swap. I am thinking it may be the IAC but any feedback would be great. Also the d15 from the lx had no MAP sensor and the d15b requires it. Should I get a wiring harness from a cx or dx?
[post=505171]Quoted post[/post]​

wtf why a d15 swap lol!

I think I asked for help not if you agreed with my swap choice.

Thanks for answering my question. Dick.

By the way the JDM D15B is only rated 2 less hp than your d16....

Actually, it's about 3hp more, but anyway, have you checked you timing?

Ya actually the problem was the MAP sensor. I didn't see it because it was mounted on the firewall. Runs pretty good, but idle isn't always steady. Just need to hook up the vtec and I should be 100%. Thanks

Back