d15b swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dirtycarl

Hey so quick question I have a 97 honda civic ex i recently blew the motor in. In my infinite wisdom I thought that i would go from a d15 non vtec to a d15b vtec. Everything went well on the swap until it came time to plug up my wiring. Thats when I realized that the wiring harness is different between the two motors. So that being said my questions are, is the wiring harness all i need to change out to make my car run if so I see ware it runs through the fire wall is there a quick disconect plug that in not seeing? Please help my only other form of transportation is is my GSXR and the army wont let me drive it on post until I take a class that my unit wont let me take tine off work to go to.

Swap the wiring from the old engine onto the new one. Might be a few other things you have to do. I don't know much about OBD2

if you have a 97 ex, it's already wired for vtec, and had a d16y8.
the 97 ex harness is the one you want to use, with an obd2/1 conversion harness and a p28 ecu.
assuming you are trying to put an obd1 jdb d15b vtec in.

Back