d15b v-tec ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wuzz wondering if i could use the ecu from a non v-tec d15b that i have in my car now and get a d15b vtec and run the non v-tec ecu in it ???:confused: :confused:

what do u mean the vtec wont work?? im new to this i juss bought my civic hatch and now the engine crapped out on me so its juss sittin in my drive way but anyway how much would a ecu be for the vtec to beable to work??

100-200 bucks, you need a vtec ecu to work the vtec on the motor

VTEC is controlled by the ECU. You could just put 12v to the VTEC Solenoid but that won't do you any good; You must be able to change Fuel and Ignition Maps under the new conditions VTEC creates. Best thing to do is to convert your car from OBD-0 (88-91) to OBD-1 (92-95). You can run either the P28 ECU (USDM Civic Si/EX) or the P08 ECU (JDM Civic VTi - This is what the JDM D15B VTEC motor came out of).

P28 - 4 wire Oxygen Sensor Conversion; Runs motor okay, Built in PA Sensor, Emmissions controls
P08 - Reuse 1 wire Oxygen Sensor; Runs motor best (meant for it), No PA Sensor, No Emmissions controls

Email/PM me with any questions. I've done this swap a few times.

BTW, I purchased my JDM D15B VTEC from HMotorsOnline.com for $495 a few years back. Freight Shipping from CA (his location) to NC (mine) made it about $700 or so. Great motor for the EF. Easiest swap for what you get IMO.

Back