D15B VTEC into CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

My car had to go to the shop to get the rear subframe fixed, so when I put the D15B VTEC in, I didn't put in the engine mount(only the three mounts on the transmission). I'm using a jack to support the engine

I finally took off the engine mount off of my D15B2 thinking it'll just bolt up to the bracket on the D15B-VTEC, and found a problem. When I line up the bolt holes with the stud; it won't really fit and it's also crooked(as in not even come close to slipping into the mount location in the engine bay). Should I just slot one of the holes on the mount or do I need to use another mount?

Thanks, Kevin

Quoted post[/post]]
My car had to go to the shop to get the rear subframe fixed, so when I put the D15B VTEC in, I didn't put in the engine mount(only the three mounts on the transmission). I'm using a jack to support the engine

I finally took off the engine mount off of my D15B2 thinking it'll just bolt up to the bracket on the D15B-VTEC, and found a problem. When I line up the bolt holes with the stud; it won't really fit and it's also crooked(as in not even come close to slipping into the mount location in the engine bay). Should I just slot one of the holes on the mount or do I need to use another mount?

Thanks, Kevin

I know this is old but in case
Move the brackt off the driver side mounts off the old motor to the new one
Not the bracket on the motor mount but the bracket on the motor itself

You've gotta take the timing belt cover off your stock motor, and use the entire mount and bracket from your stocker on the d15b.

i used the stock d15b vtec mount and the drivers mount simply tilts back a hair...

Back