d15b vtec or d16z6 vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cREX

which motor would you guys suggest me putting in the crx hf ? pro's and con's of each motor..

D15B VTEC = D16Z6 - .1 liter displacement

Take your pick, they're pretty much the same thing...

pretty much the same price.. i just didnt know which motor might be better

I would go with the z6, because ive seen four people so far get f'd over on the d15b when they buy it from an online engine source. This being said, they thought they were getting the popular 3 stage vtec d15b, but what they actually got was the d15b vtec-e. :thumbsdown:

+1 for the D16Z6. More parts and better piston selection(mainly P29/PM7s or Vitara :) )

The 3-stage VTEC engine has no aftermarket support; so it would be pointless to get one unless you're keeping it stock. I've heard great things about hmotorsonline, they carry D15B's also but I personally wouldn't spend that much(especially when you factor in shipping).

awsome.. so the d16z6 would be a better choice.. just cause u can get more parts for them. i will put a order in for one this week. thanks

The differences are not just the .1L the cams are different as well. The stroke in the Z6 is longer. Stock the Z6 actually came with less horse and less torque. Check out the refrence section for more specs on the two motors.

The differences are not just the .1L the cams are different as well. The stroke in the Z6 is longer. Stock the Z6 actually came with less horse and less torque. Check out the refrence section for more specs on the two motors.

It depends on which version you're talking about...

Back