D15B Vtec swap/boost/vtec/?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have 2 1/4 inch catback exhaust with the 4 1/2inch jdm muffler. It's really deep i like it, and i have cold air intake. When i get the new engine i'll buy a new header an i'm thinking about just deleting the caty idk...or getting a highflow one. I'm gonna get a skunk 2 short shifter probably this week or next week also.

JUST got my debit card in the mail today and I'm placing my order in 30 minutes :D:D:D:D!

By the way the short shifter is a good idea I gots one. Shit I had loads of fun driving my civic even with the d15b7 nonvtec 100 hp crap. Plus I learned how to drive standard in that car :) got it down in 2 hours I was shifting like an automatic with no tach either ;).

Ya i do that too.
I need to install a tach, but im not until i get the motor an everything.

How is the throttle cable undone? Should I just follow the line down to the pedal and see what's up?

Pardon my newbiness, but what is an EGR? Is it that line from the IM to the air intake pipe/hose?

I haven't decided yet....Because i'm only gonna have this set up for about 4 months tops... then i'm going with the b18c1 engine an gsr tranny also...so idk. cause my tranny right now is fine and can't i always just buy the lsd differental whenever?

Ummm...right, I don't mean to sound like an ass here...well scratch that, I really don't care if I sound like an ass actually...but anyways, why the hell are you buying a D15B swap right now if you plan to buy a B18C a few months from now? Why drop $500 on a motor and then some more bucks for a tranny, plus other miscellaneous parts and fluids you're going to need for the swap if you're just gonna do it all again a few months from now?!?

That sounds like a really dumb idea to me...just put your money towards the motor you ultimately want, and that way you can have it that much quicker. Four months isn't that long at all...

And no, you can't use headers with a turbo, at least not the kind of headers you're thinking of...

EDIT: I just remembered that this guy is temporarily banned from posting, lol... oh well, it'll be here for you when your vacation is over buddy...

Last edited:
So how is the throttle cable undone? Should I just follow it down to the pedal and undo it?

Also when you pop out the axels do you have to remove the hub assemblies and all that or just pop them out and move them out of the way?

you could let em hang but it would be better to just take em off completely and set em aside.... the throttle cable should just pop off the top of the gas pedal

Thanks rep to you. And I like your sig :) I think I'm a ricer at least my car is for now anywayz.

I'm back....finally.
I found a d15b yesterday for $550 with 31k miles on it...comes without the tranny for that price an like $150 more for the tranny. Think i'm gonna pick it up like thursday

gots to have the jdm luv!!

project si ef hatch $500....

d15b from buddy $100....

vtec all day...

priceless

I'm back....finally.
I found a d15b yesterday for $550 with 31k miles on it...comes without the tranny for that price an like $150 more for the tranny. Think i'm gonna pick it up like thursday

Check out the post I left you earlier in this thread.

Ummm...right, I don't mean to sound like an ass here...well scratch that, I really don't care if I sound like an ass actually...but anyways, why the hell are you buying a D15B swap right now if you plan to buy a B18C a few months from now? Why drop $500 on a motor and then some more bucks for a tranny, plus other miscellaneous parts and fluids you're going to need for the swap if you're just gonna do it all again a few months from now?!?

That sounds like a really dumb idea to me...just put your money towards the motor you ultimately want, and that way you can have it that much quicker. Four months isn't that long at all...

And no, you can't use headers with a turbo, at least not the kind of headers you're thinking of...

EDIT: I just remembered that this guy is temporarily banned from posting, lol... oh well, it'll be here for you when your vacation is over buddy...

Idk where you've been...but i'm a kid in highschool. Unless i'm going to buy a new car to drive until I have my b18c1 i gotta get a new engine to run until then....i'm stuck with my crappy job for like a little over a month then i'll have a good one where i can easily buy the gsr an then i'll take out the d15b an sell it. i can't just go buy the b18 though if i dont have the money....

and also, i'm going to wait on the turbo until i get the gsr...so that turbo money for the d15b is going towards the gsr engine...an you didn't sound like an ass either. ;)

Idk where you've been...but i'm a kid in highschool. Unless i'm going to buy a new car to drive until I have my b18c1 i gotta get a new engine to run until then....i'm stuck with my crappy job for like a little over a month then i'll have a good one where i can easily buy the gsr an then i'll take out the d15b an sell it. i can't just go buy the b18 though if i dont have the money....

and also, i'm going to wait on the turbo until i get the gsr...so that turbo money for the d15b is going towards the gsr engine...an you didn't sound like an ass either. ;)

So is your car currently not running? If your motor is toast and you need to use the car, then yeah, I guess your plan is understandable. If your current motor works fine though, then I don't see the point of replacing it with a slightly better one that you're just gonna use for a few months and then swap again.

I just don't see the point of doing an "intermediate swap". A swap is always going to cost you more than just the price of the motor, even if you're doing it yourself. Don't forget all the fluids you're going to need, plus any tools, miscellaneous parts, engine hoist, etc. My point is why waste any money on that when you're just going to be doing it again in a few months? Just save your money towards the B18 and you'll have it that much quicker.

Like I said though, if your current motor is toast, then I understand.

Ya my car currently runs but i'm going through atleast 2 quarts of oil per. week....so it's pretty much done...thats why i gotta get the d15b....and i work at an autobody shop, toos, engine hoist/car lift and mechanics that'll help for free, along with free shipping of the motor because my work has a deal with the place i'm getting the motor from so it's all pretty good. then i can sell the motor for the exact price i bought it for, (-) the fluids. So it's not to bad, but ya it's not the route i'd like to go guys....shit happens though.

Back