D15B Vtec swap into '94 Auto Civic Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xXRikan215Xx

HELPPPPP.....Im in the process of swapping my original D15B Non Vtec engine for a D15B Vtec. I have a 94 Auto Civic DX Coupe. I'm keeping my original tranny. I bought the engine from a JDM shop around my area. I have a mechanic putting it in and so far it turns on, but not for long. He's telling me theres not enough fuel getting into the injectors and says i have to change the whole wire harness because its now Vtec, but a friend is telling me thats crap. When I bought the engine i also bought a P08 ECU. So the mechanic says its prolly the ECU. I have no idea what the problem could be. If anyone has done this swap before and knows how to fix this please let me know....

does the car just shut off or does it run but like crap...my guess is that you have the wrong engine harness on your car...you should be running the harness for the vtec engine

Would a 92-95 Civic DX to d16z6 (VTEC Subharness) work for an OBD1 D15b Vtec in an originally Automatic non Vtec 94 Honda Civic Dx Coupe? Im keeping it Automatic. Also another question, what would be the ECU code for the Automatic D15b Vtec? I was given a P08 for Manual Trans at first and gave it back because my car is Auto, and they gave me a P07 instead. Do you know if that would work?

Would a 92-95 Civic DX to d16z6 (VTEC Subharness) work for an OBD1 D15b Vtec in an originally Automatic non Vtec 94 Honda Civic Dx Coupe? Im keeping it Automatic. Also another question, what would be the ECU code for the Automatic D15b Vtec? I was given a P08 for Manual Trans at first and gave it back because my car is Auto, and they gave me a P07 instead. Do you know if that would work?

The P08 is what you want. The P07 is for the VX engine, definitely not the same thing.

Just a side note, even if you do manage to get this thing running right, it's still going to be slow as a turd as long as you keep that automatic DX tranny in there...

I would assume there are automatic P08s, but I guess I can't say for certain. An automatic P28 would probably work pretty well.

As for the tranny, the manual version of the tranny that originally came with the engine or a manual EX/Si tranny would be best. If it has to stay automatic than an auto EX tranny would be your best choice.

more info

i am also currently doing the d15 non vtec to a jdm d15 vtec and i have the po8 ecu wich works for both auto and manual tranny's......one secondly if u have an obd1 you may have the wrong wiring harness considering 92-95 honda's are obd2's

CURRENT CAR: 92 Honda Civic lx
Features: - custom carbon fiber cold air intake - megan racing headers & high flow cat
megan racing strut & tie bars - tokico suspention - more upgrades yet to come.........:ph34r:

Last edited:
I am having the same Problem I have a 94 Civic and my stock engine blew. I am being quoted for the same stock engine for a 94 civic coup dx. I guess a 1.5 db 15. I wanted to upgrade the egine but I cant afford to be without a car for long. What should I get. I really dont want to go stock.

Im a new user i to am doing a automatic d15b nonvtec swap to a standard d15b vtec What all do i need for this swap ?all parts? clutch lines.. etc?

Im a new user i to am doing a automatic d15b nonvtec swap to a standard d15b vtec What all do i need for this swap ?all parts? clutch lines.. etc?

The first thing you need to do is to stop dragging up year-old, semi-related threads. First, perform search to see if the info you need is already on this site. If, after that, you still have questions, then start a new thread please...

Back