d15b-vtec swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

konflix si

i want a jdm d15b motor for my si. i wana be in the 9's (in the 8th) and have a fast street car for cheap.i wana be just like the totaled white car in knox! :worthy:

<_<
Originally posted by lswhitecivic@May 5 2005, 12:07 PM
Uh........ok

Is there a swap related question there? It seems just like a statement.
[post=495473]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< uh, yeah, is this a good motor to have or is it junk

its one of the best D- series ever designed. Its no B, but its a good start for a decent Street Car!

Originally posted by hybrid89@May 5 2005, 02:26 PM
its one of the best D- series ever designed. Its no B, but its a good start for a decent Street Car!
[post=495564]Quoted post[/post]​

is it a better motor than a z6? and what about price diff.

Originally posted by the real hollow jdm+May 5 2005, 07:25 PM-->
<_< lswhitecivic
@May 5 2005, 12:07 PM
Uh........ok

Is there a swap related question there?  It seems just like a statement.
[post=495473]Quoted post[/post]​

<_< uh, yeah, is this a good motor to have or is it junk
[post=495563]Quoted post[/post]​

You should put that in your original post so people know what your talking about. All you did was say something...you didn't say anything about asking if it wasa good motor or not.

Anyways, for a D-Series motor I think it is probably the best engine around. Although if your on a budget its probably not at that feasible to go with it over the z6. Hmotorsonline lists the longblock at $435. Where as I can get a good z6 complete swap at a junkyard for like $600.

the D15b has a slightly more agressive cam than the z6, but less displacement. lb. for lb. they are very simalar. I just happened to get a better deal on D15b than a z6, plus most z6's have higher milage since they are USDM vs.an imported mortor with 40k or less.

the D15b has a slightly more agressive cam than the z6, but less displacement. lb. for lb. they are very simalar. I just happened to get a better deal on D15b than a z6, plus most z6's have higher milage since they are USDM vs.an imported mortor with 40k or less.

Actually the best d series motor is the D16 (or the JDM ZC) from the older tegs, stronger, rods, more compression, better cams, DOHC, just want to make an correction.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@May 6 2005, 12:25 AM

Actually the best d series motor is the D16 (or the JDM ZC) from the older tegs, stronger, rods, more compression, better cams, DOHC, just want to make an correction.
[post=495649]Quoted post[/post]​

2nd gen Teg's in Japan had SOHC ZCs, or B16A's. But the 1st gen Quints had a 135ps DOHC ZC :)

Back