D15b vtec, turbo. Good idea, Bad idea?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mooky_Stank

Hatchback Lover
I am going to be purchasing a D15b (or possibly something bigger depending on my loan approval, but for now we'll leave it at the D15b) to drop in my 1994 CX Hatch. My fiance's brother in law has said he would give me the old turbo out of his Eagle Talon TSI. He already bought a new one and his old one has a broken seal. I figure that it would be cheaper to just start with this and try to get the seal fixed, but I don't know if it's a good idea. I had read a couple of previous posts where people were talking about turbocharging there D15b. One of them said that they heard it was a bad idea while others sang its praises. Also somewhere else I had read that it's not such a good idea to take a d15b over 200hp. Also my tranny is a rather new refurbished stock transmission for my car. I have replaced the clutch and pressure plate with an ACT Street package, but still have my stock flywheel. I want to know if this sounds like a good idea for the engine and tranny or if it sounds like it might tear itself up. I'm not really looking for a race car, I'm just looking for something that will demand a little respect from other tuners in town.
Thank You,
Mooky_Stank

that turbo should fit nicely with that engine assumeing it's a 14b or 16g or something along those lines.
there are many rebuild kits available for about $70 or eBay.

What would I search for? Every time I search all it finds are parts for the Eagle Talon TSI, and if I search on froogle it does the same thing, and finds used cars too.

Back