d15b vtec wiring help needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liljohn

hey guys I am new to this site so if you could please I am needing some help with my newest civic. It has a d15b vtec swap but instead of hooking up the vtec they removed the silenoid and put a plate over the hole. I was wondering what would be required to setup the vtec on a 92 civic cx hatch.:confused:

it that plate over the hole bolted on or is it weleded up, i mean thats weird they should have just left it on there, but if its a true vtec motor just get the selnoid and pressure switch and run the wires to the proper pin out on the vtec ecu

thanks

Yeah the plate is just bolted on. Thats what I wasnt sure about tho was the wiring. About how much do they usually run? And how hard would it be to change my stock cx wiring to work with the vtec

you dont have to change your harness just run a few extra wires for the vtec

o sorry the silenoid i have is missing the pressure switch but thats not a big deal you can get one cheap it just screws right in i'll send out a picture if you want

K well I m not quit sure yet if I am gonna Do it just tryin to get a heads up and I appreciate the advice it helps alot. U have any ideas what kind of difference it would make on that engine

Back