d15b vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i will probly get all kinds of laughs, but i found a cheap d15b vtec with low miles, i was wondering what the hp and tq gaines would be with a d16z6 head or if it would be a waste to do the head swap??

Depends on which D15B vtec it is. But, I'd say that even in the best scenerio you'd be wasting time and money.

Quoted post[/post]]
Depends on which D15B vtec it is. But, I'd say that even in the best scenerio you'd be wasting time and money.
yeah umm i am real short on funds and have a d16 with a hole in the block, but a good head and the d15 is cheap and easy to get a hold of, and to drop right in....if i could find another d16z6 for under like $800 i could do that. also it is the 130hp d15b

The 130hp D15b head is almost identical to the Z6...why would you want to swap the head?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah umm i am real short on funds and have a d16 with a hole in the block, but a good head and the d15 is cheap and easy to get a hold of, and to drop right in....if i could find another d16z6 for under like $800 i could do that. also it is the 130hp d15b
You should be able to find a D16Z6 longblock for well under $500, I've seen them, for $100 or less. If the hole in the block is the only problem than you can reuse the tranny, axles, IM...everything.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
You should be able to find a D16Z6 longblock for well under $500, I've seen them, for $100 or less. If the hole in the block is the only problem than you can reuse the tranny, axles, IM...everything.
i wanted to find something with low miles and the jdm b15 only has like 35000mi on it sooo...

You can get a D15B shipped from Hmotors for $600. I got one about a week ago.

so are all d16 parts interchangable with the d15 bcause i have pullies and other junk and i was wonderin if i could put them on the d15? and what ecu i need for that motor?

The D15B VTEC="D15Z1 bottom end w/ D16Z6 head". A P28 works fine, a P08 will work better. If you're going to tune it, It doesn't matter.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:no:

the cam in the bvtec is slightly better than the z6 cam

Quoted post[/post]]
The D15B VTEC="D15Z1 bottom end w/ D16Z6 head". A P28 works fine, a P08 will work better. If you're going to tune it, It doesn't matter.

partially right but the z1 with the z6 head would be way too high in compression. the bvtec has its own special pistons...

The cam thing is debateable. Search on SOHCHonda.com.

Actually its the opposite; Z1+Z6/BVTEC head=7.8:1 CR...very low. The Z1 head has a smaller compression chamber.

Back