d15b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigdaddyIII

:blah: does anyone know where to get a d15b, and if there is any aftermarket at all for it? i had been thinking about the z6 for a while, but it seems like the d15b would be just as good, if not 5hp better. any info on this motor would rock. bolt in? ecu? shit like that. *reminder* ive got a 92 lx sedan ($200 y0!). also, opinions about d15b vs d16z6 vs d16y8

go to hmotorsonline they have them over there .... personally i think its a waste .... but knock yourself out

since you have a 5th gen, opt for the Z6. Don't count out single cam motors, they are easily replaceable, and can go very fast, fairly easy.

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Dec 11 2003, 12:54 PM
since you have a 5th gen, opt for the Z6. Don't count out single cam motors, they are easily replaceable, and can go very fast, fairly easy.

with a fairly cheap turbo

ziggity 6 it is, then. i just wanted reassurance, cuz theres one local for 450, and i didnt want to get it if the d15b would be better. if im right, thats a jdm motor, isnt it (d15b)? the main reason i thought z6 was because of the decent aftermarket support. (turbo, exhaust, etc.) i think after i buy it, im just gonna tear the shit out of it - cleaning, replacing gaskets and whatnot. put it in later. but i know how my patience is, so im not sure.

Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Dec 11 2003, 09:25 PM
ziggity 6 it is, then. i just wanted reassurance, cuz theres one local for 450, and i didnt want to get it if the d15b would be better. if im right, thats a jdm motor, isnt it (d15b)? the main reason i thought z6 was because of the decent aftermarket support. (turbo, exhaust, etc.) i think after i buy it, im just gonna tear the shit out of it - cleaning, replacing gaskets and whatnot. put it in later. but i know how my patience is, so im not sure.

You know, its too bad you didnt hit me up 2 months ago - i was selling my old D16Z6 for 300$ w/Tranny.

Originally posted by hondamidnighter@Dec 17 2003, 06:07 AM
I got a d15b8! I will sell it for 700$$!! Full swap!! about 75,000 on it!!!

Wow, what a....deal... :roll:

Check out yourl local strip yards, you may get lucky. It isn't worth the shipping cost for the extra 5hp that the D15B MIGHT have (maybe it was abused). You should be able to find a complete swap for $300-$500, if not just get the motor/ECU and bolt it to your tranny for now.

i can get you a D15B for 400 plus shipping i am in chicago and i will ship anywhere you are for 150

shit! im in iowa, and i could just come get the fucker! let me get my shit together with this moving business, and ill get ahold of you. if you sell it before, just pm me and let me know.

unless...someones got a z6 cheap. lol

hi, i have a d15b2 for you i'm in VA so i'm not sure of shippin costs but i'll sell it to you for $150 plus shipping (i'll get info of shipping costs for you if you want this motor). you will get the motor, trany, ecu, axles, basically full swap. the clutch is slipping and goin bad but i have a brand new clutch kit, with clutch pressure plate, alignment tool, and release bearing still in box brand new never used, that i will ship along with the motor. the only thing wrong with the motor is one of the rings is fucked up therefore eating oil (3 quarts last about a month), but that can be fixed at a nearby shop fairly cheap. reason i'm getting rid of it this cheap is because i have a JDM b18c5 motor swap and this d15b2 has been sitting in garage for about a month now and i have no use for it, if shipping is expensive i will drop swap price to $125.... if you are seriously interested pm me or email me

Google search Noyan USA. This place in Manassas, VA caries JDM D15B's with transmissions for $300. I don't know if it really is a good deal because their warranty on miscelaneous parts it non-existent, but there is a 6 month unlimited mile warranty on the internals of the engine.

How does the D15B compare to the Z6 as far as bore size, compression, and replacement parts like timing belt and head gasket?

Noyan USA is a good place for motors and realiable, that's where i got my b18c5 and where my friend got his h22 for integra in the last 4 months nothing has ever gone wrong with him motor, no codes, nothing same goes for mine.... here is a comparison between the d15b and d15z6 motors

D15Z6:
Engine Model D15Z6 SOHC VTEC
Engine Displacement 1493cc (1.5l)
Engine Power 115 BHP
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Bore 75mm
Stroke 84.5mm
Top Speed 119 mph

or the newer z6 in the 92-95 civics and 93- 95 Del Sol

D16Z6:
Engine Model D16Z6 SOHC VTEC
Engine Displacement 1590cc (1.6l)
Engine Power 125 BHP
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Top Speed 119 mph

D15B:
Engine Model D15B2 SOHC
Engine Displacement 1493cc (1.5l)
Engine Power 92 BHP
Bore 75mm
Stroke 84.5mm
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Top Speed 119 mph

as far as replacement parts the d16 and d15 are 2 diff displacements the gaskets won't fit, not sure about timing belt and sorry that i couldn't get info on bore size for the newer z6 but they should be relatively the same...

i believe that's actually the 1.6l ZC motor which is nothing more than the JDM version of the non-vtec LS motor but more restrictive (hense the 10 hp loss)

:huh: D15B is 1.5L (note the 15 in D15B). And the LS is DOHC non-vtec. The motor I'm asking about is SOHC vtec.

edit: and B18B's are 1.8L

i know what the number's in honda motor codes stand for, i just wasn't sure about what you are asking, found the motor you are asking about D15 w/ vtec, there are no d15"B" with vtec, the only d15 motors with vtec are the d15z1 and the d15z which can be found in the USDM 96+ Civic HX (d15z) and the 92-95 Civic VX (d15z1)

the specs on these motors are as follows:

d15z1:
1493cc
SOHC VTEC-E
9.3:1 Compression ratio
92hp @ 5500 RPM
97 ft lbs tq @ 4500 RPM
redline @ 7000
bore 75mm
stroke 84.5mm

d15z:
1493cc
SOHC VTEC-E
9.4:1 compression ratio
115 hp @ 6200 RPM
104 ft lbs tq @ 5400 RPM (not 4500)
redline @ 7100 RPM
bore 75mm
stroke 84.5mm

JDM honda never produced a d15 with vtec after the 88-89 jdm CRX (d15b) they went to the b16 series motor in all civics....

Originally posted by b18c5rx@Dec 20 2003, 08:26 PM
there are no d15"B" with vtec, the only d15 motors with vtec are the d15z1 and the d15z which can be found in the USDM 96+ Civic HX (d15z) and the 92-95 Civic VX (d15z1)

You shouldn't post when you don't know what you're posting about damnit. There is a D15B SOHC with vtec, and it come in the 5th gen JDM EG8 VTi.

Have a look, and help stop the spread of misinformation.

Back