d15b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Dec 11 2003, 12:54 PM
since you have a 5th gen, opt for the Z6. Don't count out single cam motors, they are easily replaceable, and can go very fast, fairly easy.

:withstupid:

thanks guys. i want the z6. easier to find parts, and aftermarket kicks ass. i thought about how hard the d15b would be to find parts for, and its not worth it. except that i could go jdm and fuckin mean it when i have to have a gasket imported! :eek: but i figure the z6 would be a snap. btw, does anyone know what ecu i have? its not in reference, that i could find. 92 lx sedan (d15b7) thanks.

I'm having trouble finding D16Z6's. Noyan has D15B's with transmissions for $300. While on ebay the D16Z6 is going for much higher.

just use the USDM spec parts they should all work the motors are the same except one is from japan.....

Except there is no USDM 1.5L with vtec. But I got an answer somewhere else. Y8 head gasket and Z6 parts. Except for maybe some vtec-e.

Originally posted by TorganFM@Dec 22 2003, 12:09 PM
Except there is no USDM 1.5L with vtec. But I got an answer somewhere else. Y8 head gasket and Z6 parts. Except for maybe some vtec-e.

Um, yes. The D15Z1 from the VX has vtec, is 1.5L, and SOHC.

Originally posted by TorganFM@Dec 22 2003, 04:37 PM
I thought that one had vtec-e?

Still vtec, engages the same, just set up a different way, cams, timing, fuel.

Back