1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d15b1 won't start after a while

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by crxpower24, Sep 24, 2013.

1. crxpower24

crxpower24 Member

Ok so my lil b1 starts when its cold n runs perfect bt after a lil bit ill die n won't turn on again and it shows the check engine light i took it to auto zone to see if they can tell me what is it but they told me its to old so i dont have any clue what can it be plz help

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

?

main relay
    injectors
    plug wires
    distributor
    ECU
    ignition switch
    fuel pump
    blinker fluid
    starter solenoid
    map sensor
    muffler bearings

Take it to a real mechanic? Your question is like asking "I can't remember a specific word that I saw in the dictionary, tell me what it is?"

3. crxpower24

crxpower24 Member

I did and they told me the same they can't find the problem or plug in the computer cuz its old

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

pull back the carpet/floor mat in the passenger side footwell to expose the ECU - turn the key on and you should see a flashing red LED on top of the ECU - count the number of times it flashes between pauses and that is the code - could have more than one code

5. crxpower24

crxpower24 Member

Does the blinking stop after it a wile

6. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

he left out one important detail, you have to jump the service connector to get the ecu to blink the code.

google that shit man! I bet you can find a video or pictures or both of how to get the codes from your old rex.

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Going to AutoZone is not taking it to a "real mechanic." Not even close. A "real mechanic" should know how to pull the code on an old Honda. It's in practically every service manual ever written for the damn things.

8. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

d15b1= obd0 ecu. Pull back the carpet on the passenger side. There should be a metal plate bolted to the floor that covers the ecu. Look towards the middle upper area of the plate and there should be a window about the size of a quarter. Turn the key on and observe the led flashes that you can see through said window. There is no need to jumper a obd0 ecu to get codes.

My expectation is you will find a code 16 fuel system error. Code 16 is normally caused by a bad injector that goes out of spec when warm.

If you do end up finding the injectors are bad I would recommend replacing the entire throttle body as a unit if possible. It is much easier than trying to replace just the injectors.

As a side note the b1 and b2 throttle bodies are different bore size so be careful when finding a replacement.

1 person likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted