D15b1 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sinfulcivic

:blink: I own a 91 Civic Hatchback with the 1.5 TBI, Dual Point Injection.
It needs to be rebuilt, so i was able to pick up a D16A6,with Port Injection, actually, it has 4 injectors, 1 per cyl. and i assume it is called Port Injection. Anyways, my Civ is already set up for this Dual Point Inj., and i was wondering if it would be possible to use the D16A6 Engine, And install the Dual Point Intake from the D15B1, (which i cannot find any reference to at all) Or am i wasting my time? I dont have the ECU with the D16A6 engine, and the intake appears to be capable of the transform,Please if anyone can help with advice, as i have been misinformed of the swaps available to me without little or much hassle, im ready to give up....! I thought that since i was already wired for this Dual Point Inj. that the Intake swap would be the most economical way to go, Will my wiring for the 1.5 TBI engine work with the D16A6 engine? The no.s stamped on my motor, (bad 1) are D15B1.

You need to do a MPFI (multi Point Fuel Injection) conversion, then you can drop the motor in with your modified harness, there is an article in the articles tab above, I think it is called DX to SiR, or SiR wiring conversion. Anyway skim through, there is a lot of good info and you may find something else useful too.

Back