D15b2 auto -->> MPFI ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Reboticon

Hoping someone can help me out here. The downshift cable on a D15b2 auto runs from the throttle body to the tranny. I looked at a 92, and it seemed that the cable in them is attached to the gas pedal? Does this mean if i want to swap a D16into my auto car i have to get a 92+ pedal assembly or what? Ive been trying to do this for cheap, but if im going to have to swap pedals anyways, i might as well go manual. Any help appreciated.

Well, 88-91 pedal assemblies are different from 92-95 ones.

What is this "downshift" cable you're talking about? Got any pics of what you're talking about?

Ill try to grab some pics, but its the cable that hooks up EXACTLY where the clutch cable would hookup on a manual transmission.It runs up to the DPFI throttle body where it locks into the throttle body just like a throttle cable. Basically its a detente cable that tells the transmission to downshift under heavy throttle. Here is a pic of the old DPFI throttle body with the cable attached.

trannydownshift.jpg

I dont know how it was done on 88-91 1.6 EXs, but on 92-95 there is a cable running from the firewall where the clutch pedal would normally be down to the transmission, looks just like a clutch cable on a manual car.

I've honestly never noticed this; could also be because I haven't touched much automatic cars.

Maybe someone else here can help.

Man ive run into so many tragic problems trying to do auto swaps. Im giving up on them. Went to the junkyard today and pulled a shifter + linkage + pedals. I don't think anyone on eartth knows (or cares) about autoswaps so im just gonna go the easy route now.

Still, I am now curious, does anyone know the answer to my original question?

Back