1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d15b2 block,d6z6 head swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by civicbigpimpin, Jun 8, 2009.

1. civicbigpimpin

civicbigpimpin New Member

Just threw this setup in my sons car. His car is a 91 civic hatchback si. Using all stock si fuel injectors and rail. Using stock si dizzy. Used z6 head,timing belt,valve cover and fpr. We got the car to run but barely and its sounding off time and popping out the exhaust. I have checked and rechecked timing and im sure im dead on. Im pretty sure i got the firing order right. It will run with the starter getting it started for a while. One time out of nowhere it started and ran awesome but then went away. Bogs with gas pedal. Please help me my son is driving our spare ford f150 4x4 and he is slowly dying from domestic car idis.

2. intafocus

intafocus New Member

is there a vacuum leak, is the fuel bad, the spark plugs might be bad, or there might be some vac lines switch or the idle screw maybe be closed too much that all i could think of at the moment

3. civicbigpimpin

civicbigpimpin New Member

found it

Had firing order 1432 instead of 1342. Ha its always something stupid.!!!!

4. GlassHeadlights

GlassHeadlights West West Yall

To make it run right you have to convert it to OBD1 and use the D16Z6 dizzy.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted