D15B2 block with D16Z6 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SloEFSedan

I have been searching and searching for days and all Im getting is confused on what I need to do. I found that people at this site have the most information that Ill need. Long story short. I messed up my D15B2 head and wanting to do a mini me swap. Wanting to use a D16Z6 head. I know I need to switch to mpfi and so far have determined I need the P28 ECU for manual to make the Vtec work. So here is my list of questions I have. I hope ya'll can help. (God knows Import Atlanta is USELESS).

Will the Z6 head already be mpfi?
What is the process to do the mpfi switch for my engine?
Do I really need to get a resistor box?
What parts will I need to make all this happen? (I already know it doesn't cost too much)
Things like this come to mind. I have seen plenty of stuff for mini me swaps for EG's and EK's. What about EF's? More specificly mine is a 1990 Civic LX Sedan. Please help!! I want my car back. Thank you all. ^_^

i hope you have the 16 valve D15b2.
heads don't care about MPFI. intake manifolds do.
you will probably want to convert to OBD1 and get a p28 ecu.
get a Z6 intake manifold with sensors and injectors. also you need a Z6 distributor
you won't need a resistor box if you do this:
Rywire - Online Store
as always, talk to them before you buy, and find out if its what your looking for.

Last edited:
Back