D15B2 build?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4Door89

Hello H.S. :D ,

Ok , so i have a few questions:

I have a 89 civic, d15b2, intake, 4-2-1 headers, 2 1/4 exhost.
I want more power. (like everyone with w d15 does) best options?
-build na? raise comp to 11-1ish and cams?
-build for turbo? (upgrade pistons (8.5-1 and cam) with about 10-14p.s.i
(ive noticed the lack of internal parts)

so ive done google searches, ive done A LOT of reading up on this, seams like all i find is the same response, a sercastic "swap that P.O.S. out" my reasons for asking about the D15 is i have a spare one sitting in my garage... ready to be rebuilt. i would like to stay with the d15 since i have it.

i am not looking for a tone of power. 150-200 ish would be great. i am very machanicly inclined and willing to do everything my self. i have been a working mech for about 5 years. build 300zxTT, 240's, but am now ready for my honda addiction to be full filled. (inspired when a crx killed my TT z) Any support or advice apreachiated.... ;)

P.S. i know i suck at spelling... lol

i was also wondering (but forgot) the d16 has the same head and block but diffrent crank and rods... getting the longer strock from the crank and rods. so this is a derect swap correct? no intake/ecu/sensor issues?

thanks for the input, i am already in the prosses of doing a MPFI swap.

i am just curiouse of what is a good replacement that is semi stock.. i am planing on building a motor.. n/a for now atleast... maybe turbo but wouldnt be for a while.. so thinking low boost 5-6psi on stock build. ive heared a d16a6 or zc (sohc) is a better plant. just want to hear it from somone who has doen this before. any advice?

also MPFI ?'s...

i have a 93 cvc IM fuel rail injectors and plugs... will this work with the pm6 ECU? or do i need to swap injectors....

ive been told two stories.. one is they will work and you still need the resistor box b/c its not build into the ECU like a 93...

ive also been told that they wont work b/c of diffrent resistance so i need to swap out for 89-91si injectors.. just want to make sure i have it correct before i put it on the car and have a hell of a time finding issues with me harness/injectors or w/e. thanks again... :)

ok, so after hours and hours of googe i found someone who had somthing kinda similare....

"And no, you don't NEED obd0 injectors, unless you plan on using the injector clips from your 91 si engine harness, THEN you NEED obd0 injectors along with an injector resistor box. If you don't plan on running obd0 injectors then you will need the injector clips for the injectors you have, and you will need to delete your injector resistor box."

so if this is true i dont need the injector resistor box? so were do i run the 5 wires that would go there? anyone done this before? and is this true? or shoudl i save myself the headache and wait for si IM... i would rather use the one i have... seeing that its free...

ResistorBoxWiring2.jpg

wow i love google.. sorry for posting about somthing and finding it myself... durrrrr :(
lol it is a great chart though.. and i think it will be a cleaner instal with 0bd1 injecters then 0bd2.. but anywho.. thanks again... lol

if you have a d15 allready,try a mini me (d15 block w/d16z6 or d16y8 head) you'll get some more power out of the d15 w/ the head swap+v-tec

ive thought of this seeing heads are cheap.. but ive heard its a half assed engine and have runnability problems likley to accure, is this true? i wouldnt mind doing it. just have no experience with how well it works..... and for around 4-500 for a d15b is it worth doing the head rather then a full engine? just want to be sure before spending money to then change my mind...

d15b is well worth the money. Buoght mine for $450, just make sure if u buy used be prepared to change some f''king sensors and sht. argh

Best option for the d series if you are planning a budget build is to go FI. You'll make around 200hp (around, not guarenteed) and its alot less costly then running new pistons, heads, cams, blah blah blah

Quick power, spools are great with a small turbo, and you have alot of fun in the meantime

good to hear straight form someone. i think ill go this way.. alittle bummed i get all the stuff for 0bd-0 and now want to run vtec, i guess a rpm switch will fix it though.. but 0bd-1 would be nice... oh well. d15 for the mean time. i got to thinking about it and i have 1/2 the stuff for a DIY turbo. how much would you recomend on a stock d15b? 5-7? i have a ford turbo with 5.5 internal waste gate. i drive very hard on my cars (every day i hold 5500-6200rpm for about 5 mins straight in a 3rd gear pull... up a steap canyon (omy to my house... ) hence why i neeed somthing "reliable" and more power.. well thanks for all the info... maybe ill do a write up on how everything goes....

one last thing. any good/bad chip for a pm ecu? anyone i should stay away from or recomendations for best chip? thanks again sorry for beiung a noob...

Back