D15b2 - d15b7 - b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vegetaman111

Ok, so my friend has a 91 hatch. It was originally obd0 obviously but it was swapped to obd1. However, they left the dpfi on it being morons and now want to go b18a1 obd1 for serious tuning purposes. My question is since the car is technically obd1, what needs done wiring wise to swap a b18a1 into it. Someone said a b series obd1 harness will do it but I don't see how. It can't be that easy.

i think it was rewired cause it was a cut harness and resoldered so it is wired in as obd1 but never converted. it has a d15b7 in it with obd1 ecu and all. thats why i am lost as well cause he wants to do a b18a1 swap into it and i have no clue where to start. i see all these swaps and everyone goes obd0 cause it is easy but we are building it to boost and cant boost a obd0.

well first would be to convert it over to mpfi. There is a great write up on here if you want to do it yourself, or there is a guy on here there sells different harnesses and I'm if you don't see one he can make you one, the price is pretty cheap and he doesn't require a core charge so he's a good idea

ok, so after i go mpfi where do i go from there? I have seen the mpfi conversion and the obd0 b18a1swaps but never mpfi swap with a obd1 b18a1

ok, well, i bought an extra harness from pick n pull today so i can do the obd0 dpfi - mpfi myself but i was wondering is there a place to find a d-i-y for obd0-1 jumper or wire it myself? i went though college for hardware wiring so it doesnt seem like it will be too hard to do either just need to know materials. thanks for all this help man.

I know this but I'm going obd1 after I convert to mpfi, but I don't wanna spend 80.00 on a obd0-1 jumper. I'd rather learn to make my own.

so make your own..im sure you could find someone with a jumper that you could get an idea of what you need to do..
but there is no way your harness was made into obd1 without doing the mpfi as well..so first y ou need to figure out what is going on with that

Ok, I guess I'm going to go dpfi to mpfi then look into someone's harness for a pinout and do that. The car has 2 ecus but one is used so I will pull the other apart and use it as a start. Any ideas as fat as where to find a pinout? Local guys do t run boost to crx/ef civics so I'll be the first there but that also means I gotta do it ony own. Thanks for the advice so far though guys.

i guess the guy he bought the car off of lied because he said he did the mpfi swap but all he did was swap over the d15b7 and kept it obd0 so pretty much still a d15b2.

but it would have had to of done the mpfi swap because if he didn't it wouldn't be able to run

exactly..check the code on the engine..and take pix of the bay...is there a resistor box on the drivers shock tower?

does your engine bay look like this
23197200002_large.jpg

or like this

Civic_Engine.jpg

Back